Carson Palmer wins Heisman what an Upset!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Dec 14, 2002.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I though Ken Dorsey Or McGahee was a Lock....I am in shock

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Palmer underdog?

Maybe the votes, East of the Rockies, were split between many candidates. Wasn't Palmer the only candidate from the West?

3. eric d

eric d Founding Member

You had to know that the Miami guys would split the votes in their region, and the Big 10 guys would splilt the votes in their region. Furthermore, there was no candidate out west that was receiving any hype, so Palmer stood a pretty good chance. The results show that Palmer won every region but the midwest, which was won by Banks.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Who cares.

Once the five finalists were named and Corbello wasn't selected, I totally lost interest. By the way, I was in South Florida last weekend and the conventional wisdom there was that Dorsey and McGahee had no chance. Personally, I liked Banks but have no problem with the selection of Palmer. Well, I guess I do care.

5. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

Heisman

The Heisman is a bunch of crap anyway.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I thought that McGahee had locked it uo with his 6 TD 205 yards rushing against Virginia Tech but I never saw Palmer even once on TV When I saw his season stats I can see that he is as deseving as anybody else. I personally wouldn't wish the Heisman jinx on anybody. Right now I am watching an interview on ESPN with OJ Simpson He said he cast his vote for fellow Trojan Carson Palmer. Andre Ware and Ty Detmer were busts as pros. Charlie Ward went undrafted and is in the NBA with the Knicks. Eric Crouch quit the Rams this year before the regular season started and had to return his signing bonus. Bo Jackson could have been a Hall of Famer but a freakish hip injury ended his career. Billy Cannon did time in prison for printing his own money