CFN ranking of SEC coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 9, 2005.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

2. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    That is too funny!

In the article its funny is that they have orgeron looking for a promotion and he hasn't coached a game at ole miss yet. I do agree about Richt, he has done well but that was a championship caliber team last year and they blew it.

3. LuvDoc

LuvDoc Founding Member

Hard to argue with any of that.

I got a kick out of the idea that Orgeron is already looking to "move on up."

What was ole miss thinking (firing Cut, not necessarily hiring the new guy. . .)?

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Yeah, I agree with most of this, though it looks odd to see Richt listed as a top coach in the conference and the most overrated at the same time.

5. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

I saw a post where the author responded that he didn't think that Richt was a top 5 coach nationally and that's what he meant by overrated. Overrated is such a perjorative term that he should have been clearer in the writeup, but he stirred up a bunch of Dawgs. That was probably the real goal.

6. BamaHeelBengal

BamaHeelBengal Founding Member

I'd have to agree with most of that. It'll be interesting to see how SOS does this year.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think Spurrier is being given to much credit. South Carolina isn't a great recruiting state and Spurrier will never be able to repeat what he did at Florida. The hype is understandable, but I think USC will be looking at a maximum of 7 wins a season with him as coach.

Other than that, I think it was a very good write up. I was suprised to not see more on Phil Fulmer.

8. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

My detractor's should read this

From College Football news:

Best Off-season Hire – Urban Meyer, Florida – From Steve Spurrier in South Carolina to Les Miles and Bo Pelini at LSU, there were a number of notable signings in the SEC this off-season. However, in terms of impact, no one could touch Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley. The Gators landed college football’s most eligible man, prying him from Notre Dame, a school Meyer had previously dubbed his “dream job”. Unless the NFL can lure him away with money, he has a chance to be the face of the Florida program for a decade or more, much the way Spurrier was in the 1990s.

Worst Off-season Loss – Nick Saban, LSU – Even the blindest Bayou optimist didn’t believe Saban would stay for the long haul, but it’s still rough saying goodbye to the SEC’s best coach, and the man that brought the Tigers back to national prominence. In terms of departing defensive coordinators, Georgia’s Brian VanGorder (now with the Jacksonville Jaguars) is a slightly more profound loss than Auburn’s Gene Chizik (now with Texas).

So we are back to square one. It was Dinardo or Hallman Vs Spurrier. Now it will be Miles Vs Meyer and Meyer looks like is there in Florida to stay. Les kiss our SEC/NC hopes goodbye.

9. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

:rofl:

Anymore of Fat Phil and he'd be attached to strings in Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!

10. Wolf04

Wolf04 Founding Member

Re: My detractor's should read this

Why? With the talent we have their is no reason that we should not contend for both. Sure Miles was not the biggest name hire, but neither was Saban. I am not saying that because both he and Saban wern't that big of names when we hired them Miles will have the same succsess. I do look at where Oklahoma st. was before they hired him and what they did considering they contended with OU and Texas for recruits and see why Skip thinks he is the man for the job. I also really like the Bo Pelini hire and think he can keep our defense where it needs to be. We will be fine.