Chad Durbin?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

Detroit Tigers pitcher was on ESPNEWS just now...was only paying half attention until they asked him what the last sporting event he paid to get into, he responded by saying an LSU football game. I didn't even know the guy was from BR, but apparently he follows the tigers pretty closely.

1 person likes this.
  2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Hahaha, no ****! I was just watching that. Great player from Woodlawn in the mid 90s. If I remember correctly, I was talking to someone a while back who said that he was planning on attending LSU once he retires from pro ball. Too bad he didn't play ball at LSU. Big strong righthander.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Ha! I faced that guy in my youth.

4. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

Chad used to work for me while he was in high school at Woodlawn high in Baton Rouge and he signed with LSU baseball out of high school.He never went to LSU ,signing a pro contract instead.He had a good start in the majors in 99 or 00 but hurt his arm ,and has been up and down since .However ,he seems to have developed a cut fastball that has hitters grounding into a lot of outs this year .After a rocky start where his era was above 10 he is 5-1 ,and his era is down in the 4's. I've always pulled for him ,because he really is a great kid. I think His wife {who happens to also be from Baton Rouge} and he are expecting their first child soon also.

5. SJS101

SJS101 Founding Member

He is a friend of my fiance's family. Sort of a prick if you ask me...at least the 3 or 4 times I met him at family functions. But his mom is really nice! He has a house in Baton Rouge and he is a Tiger Fan!

6. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

He was the last pitcher I faced in High School. I had a swinging bunt single my last at bat. I played at Crowley High and he was at Woodlawn.

They were #1 in the state and we were #3. We lost 5-4 in the bottom of the 7th in the Quarters.