Chaz Ramsey receiving Death Threats

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Aubie16, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Regardless of how you feel about the block, or about him... I think everybody should agree that this is way over the top. :(
    MIDDLE PART OF ARTICLE CUT OUT BY REQUEST OF ANOTHER POSTER. CLICK LINK TO READ THE MIDDLE PART

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2008/01/for_chaz_ramseys_family_its_be.html#comments

1 person likes this.
  2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Well I think whats happened to him is wrong as well but it seems to me that some of this could be avoided if he would explain that is wasn't suppose to happen that way.
    He could at least grow up, learn to be a man about things because he will have other mistakes in his life that he may have to fess up about and apologize.

imho.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats what happens when you do low-life shiit on national tv against a beloved person and all-american like dorsey.

reap what you sow. dont cry after the fact because you got caught. clean your shiit up then someone may feel empathy. til then, you gotta earn it.

as capt miller said in SPR: Earn this.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

He has nobody to blame but himself. He should have been on our side of the field after the game apologizing to Dorsey and loudly proclaiming to every reporter within ear shot what a mistake he made and how sorry he was. Maybe he did but I haven't read a single article about him being sorry for what happened. He just says:

He didn't handle it right and thats why he is being subjected to this scorn.

5. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

Kind of ironic that the two players chopped blocked were schooling their offensive counterparts...Dorsey was tossing around Ramsey like a rag doll pre chop block and that guy from clemson was wreaking havoc on the auburn offensive line also,even though Ramsay and Zimbabwe are whatever his name is weren't involved in that play.

I agree,death threats are over the top,but I am not opposed to fans of other schools giving him grief prior to any games next year.
    Also, if Auburn continues this recent chop block bs...I would not be opposed to D lineman from other schools taking a few cheap shots of their own.

If I was a d lineman and saw that trend continue ,I would make it a point to go after his knees before he got mine.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

at least the pressure has shifted to him so john vaughn can go to the grocery store safely now.

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Mr. Ramsey named one son "Chaz" and the other son "Chandler", and, he wonders why they get picked on??

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

PS I agree with the folks here who point out that, if Chaz Ramsey had made a public statement after the event expressing regret and issuing an apology, there would not be this level of anger directed towards him.

Some simple statement like this, and he would avoid these problems, "I profoundly regret what occurred and I sincerely apologize for causing injury with my illegal block. I had no intention to hurt anybody. I intend to use this unfortunate mistake of mine as a learning experience that will make me a better football player. I hope that people will accept my apology and give me a chance to show that I believe in fair play and good sportsmanship."

But no, Chaz Ramsey just had to go and act like a smart-ass after it happened. Now he wonders why people are mad at him.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Lee Ziemba should be getting just as much scrutiny.

9. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

Death threats, or any kind of threat are freakin BS. But they are coming from BS fans, and trust me. AU has the some of the same over the top BS fans. Why the media article is beyond me, but we do live in the internet age.

Boy (and father) shouldn't worry about fans, but should learn from his mistakes. And if he was a real man, would own up to them. Even if he isn't, he doesn't have to worry too much about retaliation on the field. 99.9% of players do not think that way. They are taught to play the game at the highest level. JMO.

10. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

For those that don't know, Chaz has personally apologized to Glenn Dorsey and the apology was accepted.

Also, I agree with istsl that Big Lee is the one who has gotten off easy due to the fact that it was his error in blocking that caused all of this.