Check out Texags.com

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallas tiger 2, Nov 30, 2010.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"It will be a home crowd for them."

I wouldnt count on that. DFW has a HUGE LSU fanbase, tack that on with everyone from Louisiana and I would bet its 50-50 possibly even slighted in favor of LSU

I just dont want to play them because their fan base is awful....

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Went to Tampa and the Outback and had a a great time. It's not that the Orlando area doesn't have a lot to see, But that Texas stadium needs some advanced scouting. Beside with the Gene Stallings connection at aTm should bring back a nostalgia that only Bama could provide. LSU is the higher ranked team, you should play the in the Citrus. At least until Tennessee can get back to their rightful place.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Nah that's ok, you can have it. :grin:

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

LSU class of 2007??? Come back in another 20 years.

Btw you don't like what I post, don't read it. I can tell you one thing
    LSU cares how much their alumni give them..........I know that too.:geauxtige

5. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Ya know, I've been using message boards since the days of 4800 baud modems... back when they were still called "bulletin boards". One thing I learned over the years is that a post is only bad when others bring attention to it. Personally, I don't care what they think... I'd say that about 80% of that crap over there is 100% hot air... people just trying to be clever.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

. . . and the worst kind of hot air, too: from loud-mouthed, ignorant, arrogant Texicans who have penis envy against LSU, Louisiana and our rich Cajun cultural heritage.

What rich cultural heritage does Texas have? Well, as far as I can tell, none. Now, if you wanna find Northern Mexico cultural heritage, you can find it in Texas.

Northern Mexico and Mexico have fine cultural heritage -- not as good as Louisiana, but, too bad for them.

7. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

You are right, I phrased it wrong. TCU and their fans care, but that's it. As far as LSU, that is completely different. Of course I care how much donations LSU gets (just topped $750 million, btw). I could give a crap what TCU gets and who they get it from and how much money those people have, though.

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I don't know. I've meet a lot of Aggies since moving to Dallas and most of them are ok. Especially since they of been bad for so long. Besides, Aggies are my favorite school to make fun of. There is just so much material.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There are alot of Aggies in North Texas, but I would venture to say that there are more Longhorns, then Sooners, then Aggies, then Tigers. There is a huge LSU contingent in North Texas. You can't go anywhere without seeing an LSU bumper sticker, or flag. Hell, in Fort Worth, across from the restaurant Terra, there is a big LSU flag hanging out of the building. On HWY 157 in the midcities area, there is an LSU billboard with the purple, live gold theme on it.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

You know let me jump in on the TCU argument.
    I live in the DFW area, more FW than D. WEll Far Northwest DFW area (Not to far from texas motor speedway, close enough I can hear them when they are racing)

So I am pretty close TCU relatively speaking. I can say I am a fan of TCU and their fans. Do they have as many as us. No of course not. LSU represents an entire state. I would argue to say 85% of LSU fans never went to LSU. They are cheering for their state. Which is great. Its what LSU is all about....

TCU has a wonderful fan base, they put on a great show on Saturday's been there a few times. Great atmosphere and I am sorry their team is REALLY REALLY good. Matter of fact I dont want LSU getting ANY piece of TCU. They are solid I have seen it in person.

They are a small private school, but pound for pound I would put their fans up against any. Just not as many... Its not an apples to apples comparison.
    Here is Dallas there are probably MORE LSU fans than TCU fans. I see LSU stuff everywhere around here.
    But the TCU fans I do know and have seen, good people and passionate about football, and again their team is REALLY Solid right now. We will see if they can sustain it.

Oh and as for the argument Alumni Salaries. That also is highly irrelevant in the vain of college football. Its a silly argument.