Chris Johnson commits to LSU (Basketball)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by DJBurke, Aug 15, 2004.

1. DJBurke

DJBurke Founding Member

I know this happened a couple days ago but I didn't see it posted.

This guy is 6'10 , 205 from the same high school as Regis. Hopefully he can gain some weight to be more effective. I read that he likes to play the 3 so that could lead to mismatces for him on the outside.

2. EyeofDTiger75

EyeofDTiger75 Founding Member

When I first saw this thread I thought is said "Chris Jackson" :rofl:

3. scar757

scar757 Freshman

Chris is closer to the 7 foot plateu.He can shoot the three rather well also.but hes not but 175 pounds. Hes a fenominal athlete. You will be satisfied.

:bball:

4. poli

poli Founding Member

Hold on a few minutes first on Johnson. First he is not qualified and has to head to prep school at Laurinberg NC and then if he succeeds there he has to dramatically increase his core GPA or put on another 90 points on his SAT just to be academically qualified for the 05/06 season.

The other knock on Johnson is that he has never played for one high school team for more than one season and has a history of quitting his team during the season.

Five games into the season at Washington & Lee in 2002/03 he quit and transferred to Notre Dame Academy. His stint at Notre Dame Academy was horrendous during that year and thus he transferred again this time to Colonial Beach High School for the 2003/04 season where he was only able to play in the Fall semester of high school because he exhausted his eligibility.

The good news is that he is 6'11 not 6'10 and weighs 205 not 190.:nope: