Clarity after my short hiatus

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 24, 2014.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

You're missing it. It's a mentality. QB=MLB=FS. I get what you're saying with the QB handling the ball every play but in terms of the approach to the game these three positions are in the same family. Those are the only three positions that routinely have to know everything happening on the football field on every play. They have to see the entire field. The vast majority of the time it's one of those three positions calling plays and making reads for the team. Every other position is almost 100% assignment football. You cannot have a great football team without smart and talented football players at those three positions. We are two out of three right now. Think about last year...we didn't all of a sudden get great corners. The corners were great last year. The FS sucked and it shot everything to hell. And having a weak MLB only made it worse.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  2. asignupe99

Sorry to hear about your friend. Was that motorcyclist in Grant Parish?

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Nah hunting accident off twin bridges road.

4. asignupe99

Oh yeah! I heard about that one as well. What a shame. I saw all the hunter safety messages that came out as a result.

That was a rough weekend. The motorcyclist was killed while heading to Colfax for the parade. His daughter was in the parade and had no idea until the parade had ended.

5. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Been there, bro, minus the high part. Sorry to hear about that. Stings for a while.

6. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Both LBs pretty much stunk at the beginning of the season, but one was given a chance and got better as the season progressed. That just proves your point.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We have seen enough of AJ to know that he is NOT getting better game by game. In fact he is getting worse. Harris is not going to get better by sitting on the bench. If he has had trouble learning the play book teach him about 4 pass plays and the only running play we ever use anyway. The one where the QB hands the ball to the tailback and he tries to run off tackle.

Its not like there is anything left to play for. Win or lose against A&M we still g0 to some crappy bowl. CBS has projected LSU vs Memphis in the Birmingham Bowl. How low is that? I'd have to say Rock Bottom. Who wants to go to Birmingham in January to sit in a decrepit stadium and watch the Tigers play the Tigers? Get Harris ready for next year. Or recruit a juco drop back style QB.

alfredeneuman likes this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Done more than just bump his head, I'm afraid.

If that's clarity, I don't want to know what it looks like muddled.

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's relatively simple. Jennings has a better grasp on the offense than Harris does. It's staring you right in the face and yet you still can't see it. No one wants to admit it either that had Harris lead this team to this record under the same circumstances you'd all be clamoring for Jennings and crucifying Harris. We've seen this whole charade before. But you guys are experts, I forgot. You always know better than Miles and his staff of coaches do, yet have never coached anything except maybe a joystick. Imagine that.

titoabad1, ParadiseiNC and Winston1 like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Youve been coaching your own "joystick" too long. The only thing Jennings is better at is being a bad pro style qb. They should be running the spread with Harris