2016 S Clifford Chattman Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Feb 11, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Clifford Chattman
    [​IMG]
    • Pos: Safety
    • Ht: 6-4
    • Wt: 175 lbs
    • Hometown: New Orleans, LA
    • McDonogh 35 Class of 2016 - Football
    247Composite
    Top247 89
    Interests
      • [​IMG]
      • LSU Committed (2/11/2015)Offered

Timeline
    • Clifford Chattman commits to LSU Tigers

February 11, 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Gee, you think his ranking will go up?

LSUDad likes this.
  3. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Good pickup and very likely he will not be a S at LSU but an OLB. Otherwise, he would be the tallest S (6'4"/6'5") in NCAA history I think. :) Plus, I would now think LSU is the prohibitive favorite for his McDonogh 35 teammate and friend Stephon Taylor who of course is 4* player at another position of need....DT. So far LSU has 6 commits...0 5* so far, but all but D Campbell the OG are rated 4*. And after watching D Campbell's video, just watch this guy and the ratings. He is going to skyrocket! It is an absolute joke that he is a 3*. Clearly he is minimum a medium 4* guy (5.9 rating number on Rivals).

LSUDad likes this.
  4. .Milesthebest

.Milesthebest Freshman

We decided recruiting sites are not credible remember?

mancha, LSUpride123 and LSUDad like this.
  5. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Alter userid...welcome to ignore. Hey Paradise, rent a brain next time before you try a scam.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

A couple more guys on that same Mc35 team:

McDonogh 35 junior defensive tackle Mastephon Taylor adds LSU to growing offer list

McDonogh 35 defensive tackle prospect Mastephon Taylor discusses his LSU offer McDonogh 35 defensive tackle prospect Mastephon Taylor discusses his LSU offer

[​IMG] By Andrew Lopez, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

on February 10, 2015 at 5:33 PM, updated February 10, 2015 at 6:26 PM
    McDonogh 35 2016 defensive tackle Mastephon Taylor picked up an LSU offer Saturday, but don't expect the 6-foot-6, 290-pounder to rest on his laurels now.

"It felt great to get offered by of the best schools in the BCS," Taylor said. "I'm certainly looking for more."

Taylor has been a standout defensive tackle for the last two seasons with the Roneagles, twice making the All-District 9-4A squad.

He has done so with stiff competition as he's made the teams alongside former Karr standout and Miami transfer Gerald Willis (2013), Karr defensive end and LSU signee Isaiah Washington (2013-14), Landry-Walker defensive tackle and Arizona State signee George Lea (2013-13) and Warren Easton defensive end and Oklahoma signee Arthur McGinnis (2014).

Taylor's already been offered by Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Arizona State, TCU, Georgia, Temple and Tulane among others.

He was offered by LSU along with his teammate Clifford Chattman and mentioned it would be "great" if he and Chattman were to play with each other again at the next level.

"It would be great to have two players that have played through high school together on the defensive team," Taylor said.

While Taylor's 6-foot-6, 290-frame seems better suited for offensive tackle, he's doing just fine on defense.

"I'm an explosive guy coming off the ball," Taylor said. "I like butting heads with some of the best O-linemen in the city."

Andrew Lopez can be reached at [email protected] or 504.826.3405.

[​IMG]
    LSU the first to offer McDonogh 35 junior safety Clifford Chattman

[​IMG]
    McDonogh 35 defensive tackle prospect Mastephon Taylor discusses his LSU offer

Another Player on the same team:

Sci Martin

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  7. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Looks great on video...as he says above, pretty darn explosive for essentially a 300 pounder. And you know on videos how they "arrow" or "shaded circle" the guy whose video it is? No need to do that on his. The guy is a mountain of a man and obvious where he is on the defense. :D Having view both Chattman and Taylor, obviously both are takes by LSU. They won't end up with the dozens of offers they would normally get because I think they will shut their recruitment down as soon as Taylor commits. Other schools won't waste time offering them.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

They sure make em tall in nawlins. Skinny for some though.

LSUDad and EyeoftheTiger 2015 like this.
  9. EyeoftheTiger 2015

I don't know if you have viewed some of his game film yet, but for a guy not that big, he hits like a truck. There are plays where the ball carrier is running (not just having gotten the ball either) and here comes Chattman from the other direction...he hits the guy...no forward motion by the ball carrier! If he can put on the weight and keeps the speed which he should be able to, he will be another Kwon Alexander who always amazed me how hard he hit people not being a big guy either.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. .Milesthebest

.Milesthebest Freshman

[​IMG]