Coach Saban's conference

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by grote1947, Jan 10, 2004.

1. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

:geaux: I'm glad he cleared the air. It's time for some character and integrity to stick around Red Stick again. Maybe men like Saban and Shula will help the SEC get rid of the Spurs bruising the fans of Florida so they can forget where they'd been, and start looking to where they're going. Let's bring this conference back to the respect it had once when just a few SEC coaches could form an organization that put real fear into the NCAA. We've got a pretty good start at LSU, OLE MISS, TENN., AL., GA.,and even FLA if they can forget Steve. If we leave Lou alone long enough at SC he'll bring them back. Competition made us feared in the sports world once, and all we need to do is show the stuff we once had, and appear to be rapidly regaining. All we need now is for MSU, and Auburn to settle down, and let that Nutt in Ark have a few good men and not even the west coast will want to play here again. :lsug:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Lou Holtz is a dinosaur...his best days are behind him

Shula was a horrible choice at Alabama.....he will be gone in 3 years.

LSU, Tennessee, GA have the 3 best coaches.

Cutliff is next in line at being decent. Tuberville and Nutt are probably about as decent.

Zook is on the fence teetering ever so conspicuously. I say he falls off on the wrong side in a couple of years.

Other than that, Vandy, Miss. St. and Kentucky's programs are pretty much in shambles.

3. grote1947

When that dinosaur roars in South Carolina (and it will again) I just hope the tigers aren't on his field. I hope Saban grows saber teeth when Lou roars again, and Vandy, Miss St., and Kentucky may just find the next genius motivator in football. He is out there folks. He's working for one of the big names now. It might even be Jimbo!

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Gotta disagree with you here, pal. I think Shula is only going to get better. Eventually, they'll be glad to have picked him up in the
    wake of the Price scandal. You have to remember the situation he walked into this year. I'm not saying he'll be the second coming of The Bear, mind you, but I do believe he has solid upside.

5. grote1947

I believe you are right about Shula. Even as a 1/4 back at AL. he acted like a field general instead of an allstar. Not too long ago there was another 1/4back like him at AL. and a coach named Lombardi changed him into a Starr. Right now Alabama has a skinny little kid that looks remarkably like Joe, and throws at least as good or better,but this kid has that elusive value all coaches look for in a player; HEART. Remember this kid only lost to Oklahoma by 7 in his 1st game. this year. I think Shula recognizes his quality and will build a team around him. I just hope Saban keeps finding these hosses with 4.3 speed to coral this kid. By the way, the kids name is Croyle. His dad was another Alabama player with a huge heart. He gave up the NFL for unwanted kids in Alabama. He started Big Oak ranch and never looked back.

6. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Grote, you seem to be situated close to where I went to high school (Fairhope).

7. grote1947

Fairhope High

I'm not to far from there. Just down Hwy98 to county rd 95 then turn south and head toward's Pirate's Cove but you need to turn left on FishTrap rd. to get to my place. I live at the mouth of Hammock Creek and Wolf Bay. Frome the water we call iut the Mary Kay Marina, and from land we call it the Barbi Mansion. It's pink with cream, purple and marine green trim. Kind of like a house you can see off the horizon when you're comming up on Curacao. We like the Carribean colors.