Cock fans - what is the origin of "taters"?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikebTiger, Oct 18, 2002.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

I assume it refers to Clemson in some derogatory sense. Let me in on the joke.

2. whaleofacock

whaleofacock Founding Member

They are mainly an agricultural school and given the normal IQ of a clemson fan and that of an idaho spud....well the similarities are just too much to pass up. :D

GO COCKS!!!!

3. HeavyCock

HeavyCock Freshman

...plus, their booster organization is known as IPTAY (I Pay Ten A Year, or I Plant Taters All Year, or It's Prison Time Again Yall, or I Pleasured Two Animals Yesterday...you get the picture) therefore (ip)taters. Fits in with their ag focus and overall inbred ways.

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

So, I wasn't the only one who giggled . .

just a bit when Virginia beat Clemson last week?

5. SouthernGent

SouthernGent Founding Member

Nice handle Jean Laffite!!!

They've pretty much covered the orgin of Tater. Being a native of Texas (Galveston), I am aware that your school is called Louisiana State University and A&M College, so I hope that the ag smack isn't offensive to some; I will offer this, Yall are pretty much THE University in Louisiana so LSU is good in my book!!!

Let me ask a question, I've herad the Texas A&M side of the story, I'd like to hear your side of the story; howcome your series has stopped w/Texas A&M???

6. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Isn't that just cool! I agree Jean Lafitte is the best!! I think the
    "tater" think is pretty funny. You Gamecocks are pretty creative.
    Good luck to you both on Saturday. I hope for a good clean fair
    game with no injuries! The most important thing in my book is for no kids to get hurt. But....sorry gamecocks, your nice people and all but I always root for LSU when not playing Bama!

7. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

As far as I know, we simply wanted to replace that game, which was home/away/home/away with a game that we could guarantee would be a home game every year. Since then we have ensured 7 home games each season. This year the NCAA allowed a 12 game season that allowed us to play an away OOC game and still keep our 7 home games.