Colorado Female Player Allegedly Raped by Teammate

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Feb 18, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

In another interesting development, it turns out this young woman has been lobbying the NCAA to give her a 6th year of eligibility...

I am not accusing an accuser, but this looks like being a "bandwagon blamer"...Like all those alleged 'Arnold Assaultees' during the Governor's race in Cali...

Sounds like she's trying to bend a sympathetic ear in her attempt to get an extra year to stink the joint up...

I'm all for her getting an extra year...but coming out in SI, at this point, at this time...Hmm...

2. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

only one issue here dude.

Even if a woman is sitting butt-naked in the fieldhouse after the biggest win of the season and blows kisses to the whole team when they walk in the door, if she says "no", "don't" or "stop", It means quit screwin with her. Unless of course its "no, don't stop!":shock:

3. LSUinPA

LSUinPA Founding Member

I agree with the coach in describing the situation as distracting...I'd think that would be very distracting to the team. I even consider it a disadvantage because it forces them to deal with a situation that no other team is faced with. Considering that, I completely disagree with the concept of co-ed college football. duh. Thanks, Neuheisel. By the way, when did you fall out of the moron tree?

I also agree with the fact that all players of a particular position should be judged the equally. I mean, that is the point of walking on. You go, you try out. If you suck, you don't make the team, end of story.

What I don't agree with was his word selection in that quote. When was the last time you heard any coach describe a former player (or former-prospective player) as "awful" to the media? Even if they ARE awful. He could have EASILY chosen words that made the same point, but were, at the same time, respectful. No denying that that was simply a peice of shit thing to do.

Was she awful? Coulda been! Does the coach have a right to think she was awful? Of course! Does the coach have a right to deny that player a spot on the team? Yep. Does a coach hav a right to CUT that player from the team? Absolutely! Does the coach have a right to disrepect a former player with an ohhh-sooo-OBVIOUSLY malevolent, retaliatory remark? Sure I guess he has that right as well.

True colors come out in times of extreme pressure. Barnett was already under extreme pressure before this happened. How has he responded? Hmmm...I'd say immature, miserable failure as a coach, and more importantly, a leader and role-model.

If I was AD, he would have just sealed his fate. I'd kick his ass too. ;)

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

obviously. i am aware that nothing excuses rape. nevertheless, if this coach had any sense he woulda never let this woman near his field. and if this woman had any sense she would have never wasted everyone's time being on this team.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

As for whether or not a female belongs in football, if a female is able to perform on par with a normal male counterpart I say let her have the chance. Just think if she was able to nail 50yd field goals then noone would have been complaining about her not belonging. I also think Barnett wanted to avoid any heat when she was there by just cutting her, all kinds of stuff would have hit the fan. Although it would be warranted if the kicking was not up to par, but the fact she is female would have drawn even more unwanted attention.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

lets say i block her kick and pick up the ball and start running downfield. she is in my way and avoiding her will slow me enough to get caught by the real players. i need you to block her for me. and since you are far from her, you will be coming in at full speed, and she will be looking at me so she will be completely destroyed. you pancake her?

i would, but i would feel bad about it. thats why she shouldnt be on the field.

7. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

You know, when you think about it like that I agree. I mean who would want her rights and dreams to get in the way of you scoring a touchdown. :dis:

While we are at it you know when I was at LSU I liked to get to class early. Alot of times the girls were slow and talked and generally just got in my way. I should have just pancaked them but I would have felt bad. Maybe they should just be kept at home barefoot and pregnant.???

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

In Barnett's "apology", he said his comments were "misinterpreted" and "taken out of context". His spin is that even though she was a horrible kicker, he was trying to help her stay on the team. As the poster formerly known as TNT would say: UH HUH!

9. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Bottom line is a coach's responsibility is to his or her players. A certain level of hazing goes on with in every team, the question is whether or not the coach has a handle on it. If this was a male kicker that got a broom stick shoved up his a$$ in the shower, what would have been the coach's responsibility? When Nick Saban sits on a couch of a potential recruit he is asking the parents to entrust their child's education, development and well being to him. I do not care whether she can kick or not, whether he recruited her or not, he assumed responsibility for the development, education and well being of everyone on that team when he accepted that job. He failed and failed miserably. Shame on her father for not being more involved and recognizing the signs earlier. And shame on him for not whipping Barrnets a$$ today.

10. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Another thing... For her not being able to kick it through the uprights, didn't she kick a field goal in Division I last year? Must have a little talent.