Congrats col reb

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 21, 2009.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Your boys have really taken it to us two years in a row now. What a helluva thrill it must be for you. Enjoy it man.

Hopefully this will be the last time for a long time you feel like this about a LSU/Ole Miss game though. :thumb:

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Thanks.......As usual the Tigers never gave up. One of my son's, a LSU fan, was watching with me. As it got close to the end, I told him, "this is not over." I've seen it too many times. It is "seldom" you see a Tiger team give up. I told him to watch. OM had pretty much dominated. Stats were pretty big in their favor. LSU had blocked the fg attempt but had to punt over and over. LSU's offense looked pretty weak. (about 40 yds rushing) A large portion of the passing came on the late td pass and the Hail Mary. When LSU got the td toward the end, I told him, "You watch. They have no choice but to go for the onsides; and they'll probably get it." Then Mc seemed to "back away" from the kick. I don't understand that. Sure enough...about as pretty an onside kick as I have ever seen. I thought he was going to break it all the way for a minute. Then the Hail Mary....WOW..

Anyone remember the Bert Jones "3 second td?" They used to have a sign at a crossing point at the La/Ms line saying that you are now entering the great state of La.....please set your clocks back 3 seconds.:wink:

Sorry it had to end like that for you guys....but man, is Miles catching flack now?

3. dudley

dudley oops!

3 seconds. Very interesting. That's how much time should have remained on the clock when Toliver was tackled. That should have been reviewed but I guess trying to spike the ball nullified that.

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

1. congrats
    2. Just something to put in your pocket for later :yelwink2:. On a kickoff the kicking team can't advance the ball if they recover it after ten yards or if it is a muff. They can only advance it if the receiving team recovers it and then fumbles during the return. So we actually got it back where Lafell first recover at our own 42 instead of ya'lls 40.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Colonel Reb isn't crying. Congrats man you are a class act, well deserved win.

6. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I could not tell whether McCluster had touched it, got a hand on it and fumbled, or was just getting the hell out of the way of that hard charging front of Tigers. :redface: Not like he doesn't have good hands or shows fear. He could have turned out the goat had LSU won. :eek:

7. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Thanks.....reckon McCluster's hair slapped him in his face as he was looking at the ball then the Tigers then the ball, etc. I bet a strand of that would hurt....:eek:

8. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Him touching it would have been ruled a muff just like on a punt when the kicking team can't advance it if it has only been touched and not possessed and fumbled. He would have to possess it for us to advance it after recovery.