Congrats from an Aggie (sorry its late)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Louisiana Ag06, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Louisiana Ag06

Louisiana Ag06 Freshman

Hey Tigers,

I just wanted to congratulate you guys on a great game Saturday. I was in the car traveling through Louisiana at the time comming back from Panama City listening to it on the radio, and when Mitchell hit that shot, well, really don't know what to say but congrats. Sounded like a hard fought battle. I'm a huge LSU fan (plan to go to Graduate school there and my dad is an alum) so I catch some stares around here from older ags when I wear my LSU hat (probably from the old football rivalry). Best of luck against Duke! I will be pulling for you guys.:thumb: Geaux Tigers!

PS - I wish they would bring back our football series, but Franchione is an ass, and our AD Bill Byrne schedules cream puffs that we cant even beat

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Thanks...you should have seen the Aggie fan who posted after the game. Talk about a crybaby...

Glad you view the game as it was...a hard fought game that just happened to come out in our favor

3. Louisiana Ag06

Louisiana Ag06 Freshman

Some of our fans can just be like that, most are gracious in defeat, especially after such a tough loss. We haven't had much to cheer about around here, I apologize if he was rude. Gotta take the losses like a man.

now go beat up on Duke!

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Taking the loss like a man is exactly what you'd expect from a school like Texas A&M, but, this is not the attitude that I see from much of the aTm fanbase. In fact, much of the aTm fanbase seems to have a huge case of Penis Envy and Catty Jealously of other programs that they view as Rivals.

You are the exception, of course.

Texas A&M fans are very similar to Baubie Baby fans in that, both have a severe inferiority complex because of the Bigger Better State rival up the road, and, this inferiority complex manifests itself in the fanbase with fits of Snotty Mean-Girl Jealous Rage, Extremely Classless and Inappropriate Insults about opposing teams and fans, Self-Delusion about how good their own fans are vis a vis rival school's fans, and A Complete Inability to Realize how Ridiculous non-fans of your team think you are.

And, that is my Thesis on "Why eaTme Fans Are Just Like Bauburn Fans."

You are the exception, of course.

:thumb:

5. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

Very nice of you to take the time to post this. It was a good game and the guys are right, the other poster was a jerk. I think his small mind couldn't muster too many words because he would just write...suckers...and such. I'm sure that after "the tiger nation" here got through with him he won't be coming back. It was hilarious! Geaux Tigers!

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The thread is gone now...I got props for something I said to him but I don't know what it was...:lol:

7. Louisiana Ag06

Louisiana Ag06 Freshman

Appreciate the kind words from everyone. I guess it is just easier for me to accept this defeat than the other Aggie that came to this board because I am also a huge LSU fan and hope to be going to grad school in Red Stick soon for my MBA. I've been exposed to LSU athletics since I was born (my dad is an LSU alum). So I was actually torn about who I was going to root for, with A&M getting the slight edge because I am here right now. If you guys dont mind, I plan on sticking around these forums (I used to be a lurker, I'll admit.) Wish I could have seen the thread you guys are talking about.

Geaux Tigers and Gig Em' Aggies

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Here is a glimpse (this is the actual post the guy made):

9. Louisiana Ag06

Louisiana Ag06 Freshman

Damn, you guys were right, from just that little tidbit you can tell that guy was being a sore loser and a crybaby. I hope he isn't really an Aggie, its guys like that who bitch and moan and wear "maroon-tinted glasses" that make us even less popular. I didn't get a chance to see the game as it was going on because I was in the car, but I listened on the radio and then watched the game on tape when I got home. A&M always has a pretty solid defense, but I think the real thing about that game wasn't that we were playing great defense, it was LSU's poor shot selection, which is a thing that can easily be corrected against Duke. LSU wasn't having that great of a game and was still able to win, which tells you how strong the Tigers are. Gillespie always trys to get other teams with more talent to play to A&M's tempo, and that happened after the first 7 minutes of the game, allowing A&M to go on that run and take LSU out of the rhythm they had the first 7 minutes. If the game would have been played at LSU's tempo, the Tigers would have won by double digits. A&M just doesn't have the talent to run with the Tigers yet, however Gillespie is bringing in a strong class for next year (just hope A&M can hang onto him long enough to utilize it). The only two current players on the Aggies roster that could thrive in the SEC would be Law and Joseph Jones, the rest of our guys are position role players that execute well. As far as the officiating, the game was officiated fairly, I did not see any questionable calls in favor of either side. As far as Mitchel's three, I didnt see a moving pick, it was just an amazing shot. That was my take on the game, but this is all water under the bridge now, the tournament rolls on. :wink:

10. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I like your take on the game, at least as far as A&M goes. I've seen them play several times this year. I haven't seen any team in the tourney that has played any harder than they did against both Syracuse and LSU. It's pretty obvious that they don't have the talent of many of the teams in the dance but they accomplished more than many could have with what talent they do have. I also agree with you on Coach G. Some good aggys better pony up some aggy dollars and keep him around a while. I think he's a good one.

Glad to see you plan to stick around. You may get a little grief because of your aggyness but we have some really good posters here from other schools.
    Get on over to the Ole War Skule and get that advanced degree that should overcome/undo your aggyness (is that possible ?).:grin: