Congrats on the tremendous defense against AS!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by VOLuptuous, Dec 7, 2002.

1. VOLuptuous

VOLuptuous Freshman

As I've already stated elsewhere, Texas' biggest challenge will be to repeat -- twice consecutively -- both the emotion and the great shooting that was displayed against the Lady Vols.

It's NEVER easy to put two "outta this world"-type performances one after another, so if I were you I wouldn't judge your team too harshly if they don't take it to LSU like they did Tennessee.

I also have to admit to you that I'll be pulling for LSU, but ONLY because they are an SEC team. Bear in mind that if LSU beats Texas that it will make Tennessee look bad, so that ALONE should tell you that it's NOT that I'm bitter about Texas beating "us," but that I'm merely a longtime fan of just about every SEC team and want them to do well.

The best thing for ME, since I'm now a fan of Texas following their gutty, determined perfomance against Tennessee, is if LSU beat them by only one point. That way, and SEC team still wins, but Texas comes away lookin' pretty dang good as well.

Pat, Jody, Sue. The things that trio has done to advance women's college basketball over the years is simply mindboggling to those of us who have been keeping up.

Bottom line is that I admire Jody AND Sue for all they done for the sport, and if there was such a thing as a "tie" I'd be all for it in this next game. But since there's not, and despite my tremendous respect for Texas players and their coach, as a diehard SEC fan I'd be lying if I didn't admit to you that I hope LSU wins. It has NOTHING to do with "revenge" for Tennessee's loss, I assure you. I just gotta pull for my own conference teams whenever they're not playing the Lady Vols!

It's all good. Hope it's a fan-dang-tastic, down-to-the-wire, injury-free game.