Correct Me If I'm Wrong........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, May 30, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

LSU lost their first "championship" game last weekend to Bama in the SEC tourney. I remember for years and years it was the constant talk that the Tigers have never lost any championship game, SEC tourney, CWS, anything.

Sign of bad things to come or bump in the road:shock:

2. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I don't think LSU has won an SEC tourny in baseball since '92, actually. I would be worried if we absolutely bombed out quick, but that didn't happen and once again, we lost the final game. Don't put too much stock into it, it's just the tourney.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

We won the tourney in 2000. 1992 was the last time LSU won both the regular season championship and SEC tourney.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hub's talking about a Championship game. Not necessarily winning the championship. I think he's right. For a while there, LSU had never lost a championship game that it had reached. Last Sunday may have been the first.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

We lost to Bama in either the 96 or 97 sec tournament final. In fact Bama is 3-0 against us the SEC tournament championship game. We then beat the tar out of them in the CWS final. We have lost tournament championships in the past. More importantly we are undefeated in CWS championship games, a perfect 5-0.

6. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

LSUSupaFan is right. Bama had beaten LSU in a SEC Tourney championship game before.

By the way, LSUSupaFan...I like your signature. I agree 100%.

7. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

I seem to recall Florida beating us in the SEC Championship not too long ago. I could be wrong though, it might be Alabama I'm thinking of.

8. swoop

swoop Founding Member

I think people mean ncaa championship games when they say that. We had never lost a ncaa regional, super regional or cws championship game till we lost to tulane in 2001, as far as I know atleast.

9. LSU's win streak in championship games refers to NCAA tourney championships. LSU has never lost the championship in Omaha when making it to the final game. For a long time, they had never lost in a regional / sub-regional championship but I don't remember when that streak ended - I think that was last year when LSU lost the first game to ULL and then beat them in the 2nd game to win the regional.

I think the first year that the super regional format was used, LSU had to play at Bama and did not make the cut.

10. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Now that I think of it. I think the streak is the Tigers have never lost a NCAA championship game.....meaning the absolute final game to advance to the next round or the title.