Could LSU be getting a Grad Treansfer QB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, May 8, 2018.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

That’s some serious analysis, amigo.

2. BP

BP Founding Member

Look, the evidence available now is sketchy at best, but, what meager evidence we do have doesn't back that up. First, We have the repeated statements from both O and E, who have repeatedly stated that they will run an open offense. I have no proof otherwise, and, at this point, will take them at their word.

Second, several top quarterback prospects have stated that they have been impressed with E's plans for the offense and have specifically mentioned the passing game. While I certainly wouldn't expect them to be critical, I see no reason why each of them would out and out lie.

Third, we have the graduate transfer, who could certainly have gone elsewhere but chose LSU based on what he saw of the offense.

Now, none of this means the offense will be successful. There a lot of wide open offensives that ain't worth spit. But, at this point, what evidence we do have is that the plans are for an open offense. If you have evidence to the contrary, I relally would like to hear it, cause I haven't seen, heard, or read any contrary evidence.

Brian, LSU_4_LIFE, Winston1 and 3 others like this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

A stream of consciousness type of observation.

I'll add this. I've noticed some of their players and recruits adopt the same type of attitude on tweets I've seen posted around the 'net. It makes me look skeptically on how Jimbo will do there. (Not that he'll care with that much money guaranteed.)

That type of mentality tends to lead to teams stumbling after being punched in the mouth. We saw that time and time again under Sumlin--hot starts followed by a crash and burn. I'm of the opinion that a culture can't be changed overnight. If they've quit in the past what's to say they won't quit again? False bravado only goes so far, ya know?

And, if I may add, looking at FSU last season gives plenty of reason to think Jimbo can't turn around a mindset if it's defeated.

A&M vs Arkansas, September 29th. Chavis versus Jimbo. I'm looking forward to that game.

Brian, LSU_4_LIFE, LSUTiga and 4 others like this.
  4. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I will be just fine with it if he can't turn it around. :)

Bengal B, stevescookin and Winston1 like this.
  5. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

Jimbo will get ATM on probation before he leaves. He lacks institutional control. FSU police cleaned a lot up.

6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Kiffin wanted nothing more than to go and torch Saban at the rival school. Making the offense in Baton Rouge a threat would have been a huge boon to any offensive mind, Kiffin included. Freedom to do what he wanted and enjoy his life while trying to make his former boss' life miserable offers a unique allure. Lane and O are close and he certainly appreciated what O did for him at UT and then USC.

Lane showed all of what he could do at Bama. Staying there another year simply didn't improve his chances at reform had he returned. It was peak value at that time.

Saban ultimately wanted Kiffin to not come to LSU so badly that Saban spoke glowingly of Lane in the press and pushed him to become a head coach. Have strong recommendations everywhere for Lane as HC.

It worked.

Becoming a head coach again was a quicker path to reform / edit the sculpture of his career for Lane. Moreso than being OC at either powerful SEC school at that time.

Kiffin made the right choice. O was left scrambling unfortunately as he clearly felt he had Lane locked in. Had to hire Canada to get the sexy offensive hire he promised he could and would bring with him to the table. Alleva, what a tool. .

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    tirk, Winston1 and Bengal B like this.
  7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Why did Les have immediate success? He took over after the greatest coach in college football history left the school in Saban.

Why did we suffer those faults under O? He took over after Les, who wasn't even the best coach in his own division let alone conference let alone the whole nation let alone ever in all of history. .

CajunlostinCali, tirk and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Kitten made the right career choice even if it cost him a lot of money and a shot at all the golden girls he could have banged. In the end, Oeaux got what he wanted even if it meant a wasted season. Call him a dumbass coonass if you want to but he totally outmaneuvered Alleva. I would love to play poker with Joe Alleva.

Winston1 and Brian like this.
  9. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Noted but the only reason Burrow is here is there was no room at the inn at Suckeyes State and he needs to get somewhere to show his wares for an NFL quest. He knows he's a guarantee to start here where the forward pass has unfortunately become something akin to Chinese physics.

10. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

With a body like that why is she frowning????

MikeInLa likes this.