Cowboys

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Looking like a superbowl caliber team since the Saints game.

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

If Dallas was smart they would take out Tony that would be bad if he got hurt and missed the rest of the playoffs...I mean didnt they see Welker

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Their D is looking pretty damn good.

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

They're not the best team in football...just the healthiest. If the Saints, Vikings, Colts, or Chargers are as healthy...the Cowgirls won't be taking the title home.

They've looked good the last three weeks but don't forget two things....1) they needed to win; and 2) the top teams didn't. While others were resting their starters or getting healthy, Dallas had to play and win. If the others are healthy or if Dallas has any injuries, expect what you saw as recent as a month ago.

Dallas can go far on defense but I'm still not sold on the offense.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I think there's something to be said for playing your starters as you approach the playoffs. Teams need to stay active to stay good. I'm against resting starters when a playoff spot is locked up. It seems to bite the team in the butt more often than not.

Think about why so many teams struggle at the beginning of bowl games after the long lay-off.

All of that being said, I'm a Cowboys fan, and I think they have a decent chance to make a run at this thing. That defense is playing well.

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

traitor

7. StaceyO

After a certain point, it simply took too much energy to hate them. So if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Just like living in Baton Rouge, one is inundated with LSU, that's the way Dallas is with the Cowboys. It's a happier existence to pull for them.

It only became possible after Bradie James and Marcus Spears were drafted--made it much more palatable and easier to be a fan.

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

That's why when I moved to Dallas after Katrina, I got the hell out of there as fast as possible. Couldn't have stood another football season listening to that.

Got a lot of respect for all the Saints fans representing in the DFW area.

9. StaceyO

I take up most of my time representing LSU up here. Over time, it seems like a million LSU alums have moved to North Texas.

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Stand tall Stacey. In my world, there is nothing happy about pulling for the cowboys. Stand tall!