Cox on the Ground

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerSnarl, Sep 17, 2006.

1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Anyone have any ideas on what happened to Cox that caused him to stay on the ground for 5 minutes writhing around and slapping the ground? While I did not see what occurred, I thought he had really hurt himself and felt bad for the guy. But then he got up an ran off the field without a problem. I just can't figure out what hurt him so much.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He said he heard a pop and felt bad pain in the AU papers. AU posters say he will have an MRI today.

3. RaginTiger

RaginTiger Freshman

I think that I heard his yeast infection started acting up again, but once they went to the sideline and put some vagasil on it, it was under control.:helmet:

4. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Nice first post...this board is in for some quality discussion with you here. :thumb:

5. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you AuNuma

:geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige

6. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Founding Member

After thinking the guy had some career ending injury given the way he was carrying on and then jogging off the field, my immediate deduction was that he has played a lot of soccer. Those guys act like one of their limbs has been severed and then jump right up and back into the game.

7. edyel

edyel edyel

For one thing this is an LSU board! For another thing it would be better if you just backed off a couple days and let LSU fans get over it. LSU fans need to vent after a game like this,on OUR OWN BOARD! Again,go GLOAT on your own board.:geauxtige

8. SCWarEagle

SCWarEagle Freshman

I thought that was funny as hell. :grin:

As for Cox, I thought he must have broken his collar bone the way he was carrying on. I guess not.

9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Maybe it did have a hint of the soccer theatrics we saw in the world cup. But hopefully, Cox has more character than that. We don't want any SEC football team to be confused with the Portuguese national team.

10. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

My question is that if the trainers come out doesn't the "injured" player have to sit out 1 play? I know it didn't matter because he threw an incompletion the very next play but I was very confused as to why he was allowed to continue playing without missing a down.