Croom Signs Contract at MSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by marcmc99, Aug 12, 2004.

1. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Agree. The guy's got an aura about him that reeks of success. Bama made a huge mistake, for reasons that are better discussed on FSA.

3. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

I agree. He does have an aura about him. It's similar to what I felt when I saw Nick Saban's first LSU press conference. Not saying he is going to be as good as Nick Saban of course, but he just has that certain vibe.

4. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

We'll see. I bet he has a poor first season and then improves. But you never know. Hope he does well. It'll be nice to get MSU back up to a decent competing level.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think Bummer was hoping he would be available after they fire Shula. They knew that who ever they hired as the next coach would be little more than a sacrificial lamb with the hammer the NCAA nailed them with. Shula was hired to be fired. No way franny was going to hang around and get his neck choped after the lean years caused by probation.:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

[​IMG]

6. SabanFan

And, as we all know, some fans don't cut a coach any slack because he's hampered by probation santions.

7. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the logic in him requesting a non-compete clause in his contract. If Shula is fired and Bama wanted to hire Croom would it not be in his best interest to get MSU and Bama in a bidding war for his services? What if Nick goes to the NFL, wouldn't Croom be a good replacement? Like I said, I don't get it. :dis:

8. TwistedTiger

Fans don't hire and fire coaches, I was talking about the Bammer administration. However I don't think the Bama fans or administration will give Shula 8 years to turn them into a mediocre middle of the pack program. JMHO:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

9. TwistedTiger

Maybe it is his way of saying that it will take some time to turn this disaster around and if you will stick with me I will stick with you.

10. SabanFan

I was, of course, referring to the Brady bashers.