Crowton needs to go

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Nov 15, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Mad at what, your opinions suck, I have said that since day one. I dont know you personally, but I think your opinions and football knowledge (lack thereof) suck. You can call me any name you want to, it doesnt bother me, you saying it does is just another one of your delusional lies.

I dont repeat the samething in every post. Lee was bad Saturday, Jefferson was bad against Florida, but he has improved since then. I can admit those things, its ashame that you cant.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Everybody drop the name calling, OK?

3. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

And yet everything I said before the season has come true. The comments I made about the OC 2 months ago appear to be right on the mark.

You still can't tell me where I am wrong. I will say what I said months ago... anyone you put in that back field is going to look like **** most of the time until you get rid of that OC. I never once said jefferson was ****, I do think he regressed in many parts of his game, and he can improve on a few things... .I think if you get a new OC you will still be stuck in the 7-10 wins area which is not bad... depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

I never once said Lee wasn't bad, there were about 3-4 plays which were bad. Most of the game if I was him I would have just took a knee. The OC put in him in a position to fail, I posted out in the LaTech thread after the first series that the OC had some serious issues by the 3rd quarter it was all over with.

I never said I knew 100% Lee could be the Man, it is up to him, but with that OC it's simply not going to happen.

The offense was near the bottom before this game, I was expecting similar results.

4. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

One thing is for certain Lee is horrible there is no other way to put it..Strange enough i said he was not going to be good when we recruited him but that's an entirely different story....Now to the actual post. I do agree crowton needs to be gone, the offense has underachieved since he has been here and yes that includes the championship season. To understand what is going on you have to understand the players that we recruit, LSU does not recruit players that are suited for the spread offense, understand the spread was developed to cover up weaknesses who in here thinks florida can line up in I-formation and win the national title I certainly don't. What we have is a contrast in philosophy's miles want's to run a pro style offense and have balance,if it were up to crpwton we would throw it 50 times per game. dont believe me just follow there history..we recruit big recievers and big RB's we are set up for the pro style we dont feature scat back type players.. frankly crowton needs to go he will be fine somewhere else but it is not working here. Something else we need to understand is Miles is an average head coach at best he recruits well but he is an average coach therefore we cannot have average coordinators...

5. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

The winning formula was the last drive versus Tulane and the first two series Lee was in there against Alabama, although they didn't score on the first one due to a penalty stopping the drive.... after the first two drives against Alabama he basically went back to calling all pass plays when Alabama was already playing pass defense.

As soon as Lee is in there the defensive coordinators call pass defense... usually only had 5-7 in the box, opens up the run game. Massive runs, even against Alabama the holes were huge.

What Crowton did Saturday was have Lee pass into Tampa 2, when the play should have been RUN!!!!

There was absolutely no reason to have Lee pass until LaTech came out of their pass defense. Crowton telegraphs play calls with personnel and formations. LaTech DC looks like a genius just like basically every DC has looked this year. The play call was simple, RUN until they put 8 in the box, then call pass play to mix it up.

6. gotabyte

gotabyte Founding Member

Aside from the quarterback issues, there was a much better coaching job done by the OC on LA Tech's side than ours. Their plays were scripted to keep our defense off balance, whereas our plays were designed with little imagination. All of this while still keeping one of our best offensive weapons(RS) on the sideline for most of the game, made for a bad performance.

I believe the jury on the defense is still out. I have not seen too many cases where a new DC with an entirely new scheme comes in and has immediate success. I wait till next year before I pass judgment on Chavis.

Watching the game for a second time made me even more concerned for next week.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The problem i have seen with Crowton are as follows:

Doesn't put best players on the field in certain situations.

Wants players to fit in his system instead of fitting his system around his players.

Once again, whats the answer though? If not Crowton who?

8. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I posted this on the other Crowton thread:

During the 2007 season, I recall during at least one (maybe more) of the CBS games Danielson talking about our running game and how the different personnel fit into the scheme. I don't remember the specifics; he ran down the list of our RB's and they were listed via a graphic (Hester, Scott, Williams, Murphy) and essentially Crowton explained to Danielson how each was to be used. One was short yardage, one was this, one was that, etc...

In retrospect, it really does mirror what the playcalling has become. Very predictable and vanilla. Certainly helps to explain what GC will call in a particular situation, and there's no deviation from this very predictable playcalling. It reminds me of what the corporate world refers to as not thinking outside of the box...

We have a lot of talent at the skill positions and it's not being properly used.

:geauxtige

9. TwT

TwT Denham Springs High 85'

in 2007 the play scheme wasn't like it is today, they said it would take a couple years for Crowton to get his offense established, today I think it is horrible if this is his offense and being rank 108th kinda proves it. oh well what ever they do I will still back them tigers weather I like it or not.

how about David Shaw just to throw a name out there, he's the offensive Coordinator at Stanford, I like the smash mouth style football they play and he has done very well with not so highly ranked recruits, kinda reminds me of LSU style of play always has been, I think there are a lot of offensive coaches out there that could do very well with the talent at LSU. [SIZE=-2] [/SIZE]

1 person likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hmmmm, not a bad suggestion. Anyone else?