Cure-All

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Deceks7, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

AU just dismissmissed CB Harry Adams from the team. Doesn't start, but that leads to just 4 scholarship CBs left on the team, and most of them have an injury or two. This will also really help the vaunted AU kick coverage team. Given the LB situation, now this; Auburn is down to 70 scholarship players (with 3 D players headed to redshirt because of injury). Looking like a good time for LSU to work the kinks out....

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Hmmmmm......I wonder if we will be pass happy, as we should be, this weekend.

I will reiterate my offensive predictions from the other thread:

LSU 41, Auburn 14

Passing Jefferson 20-32, 333 yards, 3 TDs
    Rushing 131 yards total, 2 TDs

Shepard rushes 8 times, 78 yards, 1 TD

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I am thinking you pound away till we are gassed and then let guys work on confidence. It would also help you control the game in case the O (AU's) finds itself, which I still have a belief it could do. I am just very worried that by late in the game LSU will just settle down and keep the ball to pull away.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Wow. I knew Aub was short but that number would represent the harshest probation ever imposed by the NCAA save the death penalty. This removes any doubt about Tubby getting ousted. There cant be a single D1 team with so few players on scholarship. Tubby left that program a mess.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

we only scored 31 on the "powerful" usl. no way we score 41 on auburn.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

We are going to see a heavy dose of Scott against their 4 LBs and then when Scott gets winded, we are going to attack to CBs with a 5 WR set.

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

really!? i just do not believe LSU can put up 41 points on anyone with this offense. i think we can hold AU under 20 points, but LSU scoring 41 points... :huh: maybe when we play Tulane. :grin:

unless CLM and CGC have really turned things around the last two weeks in practice (which i sure hope they have,) i don't see how LSU can realistically score more than 21 points. unless our defense gets some pick-sixes.

we have regressed offensively between the last two games. you can't take one step forward and five steps back and then expect to put 41 points on the board.

LSU 21
    AU 17

down to the wire.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Auburn gives up a ton of rushing yards, we shoul dbe able to run on them. This could be the game where we could actually establish a ball-control offense and take the time of possession for ourselves. They can't score if they can't get the ball back.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i wouldn't even throw the ball. i would make the uglies run block the entire game. seriously if we cannot run the ball effectively against alabama, and arkansas, and ole miss, and even more so against the worst run defense in the SEC Auburn, we are in trouble. i would rather get this running game thing figured out before i worried about the passing game.

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

yeah, ...except for one little thing .... a lot of vacancies were due to reasons outside of Tuberville's control, including the recent dismissal of Harry Adams.

While it's common and convenient to place blame on ex-coaches, it's rarely the case that they are entirely to blame ..... just as in this case. :thumb:

[​IMG]