CWS/Omaha Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by OkieTigerTK, Apr 7, 2010.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

as requested by ot, here is a thread for thoughts on the cws so those that are going for the first time get some ideas on what they should plan for/expect.

general admission tix you can get there or order, however, getting them there means going someplace there that sells them. if you want ga tix,i would suggest ordering them. be prepared to stand in the ga line to get in though for at the very least a few hours before the game. this means if you want to go to both games in one day and sit in the ga/outfield, you will have to leave the first game early and get back in line for the second game if you want to get in. with ga, you pretty much have to pick one game or the other.

with reserved, lotsa luck. what few were available sold out in 10 mins on saturday. (they said 15 mins but i was online ordering and it was 10 mins for the first 8 games.) there are a few ways to get reserved. the first is if you are a booster of one of the 8 schools going and have donated out the ass whatever foundations (like taf) so you are high enough on the list to get tix through the school. given how few are available to each school, i wouldnt hold my breath. the second way is to pay the scalpers around rosenblatt. since this is the last year at rosenblatt, i have a feeling they will be asking for your first born child. as a down payment. at the cws, the way to get reserved tix is to have your ga tix ahead of time and stand in the "upgrade line" to upgrade your ga tix to reserved each morning. the ticket office for opens at 10 and you need to be in line no later than 6 am if you want a shot at the few seats available for upgrade. if it is mass chaos like it was when nebraska was there in 05, you get to go through a lottery each morning bright and early just for the opportunity to stand in line to maybe get upgrades. the best bet for reserved will be on resale sites. ebay, stubhub (which i wouldnt recommend stubhub, i have gotten burned there before). but i have the feeling be prepared to pay.

best advice i can offer is if you want to go, get ga tix now and then pursue reserved tix for any games you definitely want to see. i have been in the outfield ga line for a few hours before and not gotten in. the line cut off and they quit letting people in 5 people before me. which pissed me off to no end because the shorthorn fans were cutting and jumping in line getting in and nothing was done about it.

also, make hotel reservations now.

i will say as much as i love the cws, those are the most disorganized people on the face of the earth!

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Re: The Mayor of 13th Street on LSU Baseball fans

I agree w/ Okie as far as tickets. However, getting GA tickets is not hard. You can buy them all day long on the street for 10 bucks apiece (they can do this b/c a book of 10 is 70 bucks). Also, like Okie said, there are places in town that sell them. Last year, when we got in town, I just went to Sam's Club and bought all that we would need. Be prepared to stand in line to get in though.

That said, I gave my kids the option of reserved or GA for this year. They both wanted GA. The lines are pretty fun - frisbee and such is the way most pass the time. In the outfield, the crowds are much rowdier and the kids really like that.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

as long as they do a better job of NOT LETTING PEOPLE CUT IN THE LINE!!!!!

if LSU or Texas both fail to make the CWS (and Nebraska), it should be a little bit easier getting in. but not by much. :yelwink2:

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

yep. and having been burned in the ga line, if lsu goes, i will NOT take that chance and miss being at the game. last year i was lucky to have reserved tix for lsu's first two games. and the first game that is what let me be there. i got food poisoning the night before the game and spent all night long sicker than a dog. i pretty much crawled from where we parked to my seat. if i had been in a ga line for hours, i would not have made it without puking on someone.

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

oh, i remember! :yelwink2:

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

LIMITED

I AM riding on a limited express, one of the crack trains
    of the nation.
    Hurtling across the prairie into blue haze and dark air
    go fifteen all-steel coaches holding a thousand people.
    (All the coaches shall be scrap and rust and all the men
    and women laughing in the diners and sleepers shall
    pass to ashes.)
    I ask a man in the smoker where he is going and he
    answers: "Omaha."

My favorite Carl Sandburg poem. Unfortunately, back then, Omaha symbolized....nowhere.:rofl:.

7. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Thanks Okie! This will be great for us newbies at planning it themselves!My parents have a lot of advice also butI want to get it it all in! Thanks girl! :)