Dallas Area Tiger Fans - Cowboy Mouth Friday night

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Feb 25, 2003.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I know this is not football, but I encourage anyone from Louisiana who is somewhat into great Louisiana music and being around tons of fellow Louisianians to check out Cowboy Mouth this friday night at Deep Ellum Live. I have seen the Mouth about 70 times, and every show is great. 90% of the people there are from Louisiana. It is a great show (Southern/New Orleans Rock I guess if you classify them).

I never miss a show within 3 hour drive.

Anyway, check em out. Great Louisiana band and great Louisiana people will take over Deep Ellum Live.

As Fred (The Drummer and lead singer) says.

Are you with me ??

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Yeah CM kicks ass. At least that's what Jenny says

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Deep Ellum Live sure did suck on new years night. Big warehouse that charged 4 bucks for a drink. And they were definitely out of whiskey and bourbon by like 1:00.

4. TexasTigers

Yes it does suck for that thing. Also do you think it is possible they ran out of booze because LSU fans were in town. I have found with my many travels with LSU and our fans that this is a common thing ;)
    I am suprised Deep Ellum live made it until 1. Usually we run it dry by midnight. LSU fans are like Locusts, we devour the place then move on to the next place.

I remember at the Peach Bowl, I went to the Hotel Bar where all of us where staying (The LSU hotel) after the game and I asked for a beer and he looked at me and said (I am not making this up)

"We have nothing, we have water, thats it.. You people drank everything we had"

I simply smiled and said "Geaux Tigers"

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I don't understand why they don't prepare ahead of time. That is a ton of money they lost and an hour of drinking time that I lost. It's not like a bottle of whiskey will go bad if you don't use it that night.

6. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

I remember in Atlanta after the SECCG we drank a couple of bars dry. The owner of the last bar (I can't remember the name) stood on the bar and screamed that all LSU fans needed to start going to AA meetings. I told him if he thought that was bad, he needed to come check out a home game.

7. TexasTigers

You figured Atlanta would have learned from the Peach Bowl.....

Of course we are fun drunks, we dont riot and burn things down (See Ohio State and Oakland)

8. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

How wild do you think we would get if we ever win the NC again. I think Baton Rouge would be in shambles. If the NC game was in New Orleans, look out. The French Quarter would be our personal playground.

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

At Va Tech there was a bar LSU took over......I can't think of the name...drunken state-induced. It was next to the Bodreaux's resteraunt.

Anyway, at like 10:00 someone came on an over-head mike and said "LSU Fans, you drank all our Bud Lite so don't ask for it". Place erupted. Even before 10 the bar was playing the LSU fight song. same bar where the alleged "riot" took place.

Never seen deer in headlights like the Va Tech fans. They couldn't believe the LSU following.

When we parked our motor home on Fri afternoon the security guy came up and said "You know the game isn't til Sunday" We told him yep we know we would have been here Thurs but you wouldn't let us park here.

It's great to be a Tiger.

10. TexasTigers

I disagree DeathValley. You would not see Riots, you would see Mardi Gras a few months early, which could be classified as a riot without the violence.