Dandy Don article ... gutsy prediction about Flynn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Aug 6, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

http://www.dandydon.com/

8/06/04 8:05 a.m.CT

With only three days remaining before the LSU football reports to Fall practice, I want to write about what I believe the team's needs are to repeat as SEC and national champions. I do not believe that many Tigers are expecting LSU to repeat as national champs this coming season, but many feel like the Tigers have a great chance of winning the SEC West and the SEC title game.

I think we all agree that finding a replacement for Matt Mauck at the quarterback position is the number one need for the 2004 team. Marcus Randall is going to start the season as the number one quarterback, but I am not sure how long he can hold on to the job. I like Randall and I believe he is a super young man, but I believe the two redshirt freshmen quarterbacks have more talent than he does. As a matter of fact, I believe Flynn and Russell will be the No. 1 and No. 2 quarterbacks, respectively, by mid-season.

:thumb:

I tend to agree with Don on one thing ... Flynn had better stats and is remarkably ahead of Russell in development and learning the LSU system ... and this should reflect itself over the course of fall practice (in statistics) as it did in the spring ...

BUT ... I still don't see Flynn or Russell taking the starting job from Randall ... unless there is an injury.

The rest of the article is a pretty good summary of LSU's depth at various positions ... what an exciting season it's going to be ... I feel like a kid just before X-mas ...