Darn good year for LSU sports

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Jun 22, 2004.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Football - Well we know - National Champions

Both Men and Woman Baseball and Softball make the World Series. Regardless of your feeling about what happened to Smoke and his team, the fact remains LSU made yet another College World Series, something only 8 teams in American can claim. Women did very well

Womens Basketball team - Fantastic season, and had it not been for one mental breakdown would have made the title game

Mens Basketball - Some improvement not much when you lose in the NIT in round 1

Track - National Titles in Indoor, OUtdoor lost by one point because of a DQ.

I am sure there is more, all in all it was a great year to be an LSU tiger !!!!!

2. lsuj2006

lsuj2006 Founding Member

I know, I know. But I am still bitter at the women's Final four loss! And our showing in Omaha! And at John Brady! And those damn Gators!!!

Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

You know what, I just checked out the 2007 football schedule. It is very favorable for a NC! I am NOT joking. If Doucet, Carter, and Russell are back for their senior years'... watch out!

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Womens Gymnastics finished 7th in the Nation.. :thumb:

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

As long as NIck is at the Helm every season looks good for a National Title !

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agree

this has been the best overall year for the LSU sports program ever no doubt. Just winning the NC in football would've made it that way with any other championships. A great time to be a Tigah!!! :lsug: :lsup: :tigerhead :eek:ldskule: :geaux: :helmet: :champs: :tigbas: :bball:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

better hope they return for their sophomore years much less senior years lol. especially with the NCAA landscape.