DD's sadly ironic quote

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tboy, Oct 9, 2007.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

On 10-7 Dandy Don started off his column with, "Whoa what a heart stopping game..." Scrolling up one paragragh to the 10-8 post he reports a fan died from a heart attack precipitated when Hester scored the final TD.

2. Eq4bits

Eq4bits (Deep East) Texas Tiger

link?

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

"Reader comments: DD Last night a friend of mine, Doug Palmer of Memphis, TN, had a massive heart attack when he jumped up to cheer for LSU's go ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter of the Florida game. It seems as though the adrenaline & excitement were too much for his heart to take. He passed away there on the floor, but we managed to revive him while awaiting the paramedics. Doug passed away this Sunday morning. Doug was a die hard LSU fan, and also a die hard DandyDon.com reader. If you would, please make mention of Doug on your website to share with all the LSU faithful this bittersweet tragedy, as Doug died doing something he loved the most...watching LSU on a Saturday night. He will be sorely missed.

10/7/07 7:30 AM

WHOA! What a heart-stopping game as LSU defeated Florida 28-24 last night in front of 92,900 fans inside Tiger Stadium, and another 50,000 outside the stadium.
    "

Wow, I missed that.

4. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

Well I am certainly sad for their loss and, without making a joke, I will say there is a great chance that will be the way I geaux. I am glad that, atleast, he passed after a great LSU play for the win, not visa versa.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

What a great way to go... Painful, but something that people will always remember you by and it's doing something that you love.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I bought a house a few years back from a couple that was retiring and moving to Gulf Shores Alabama. The couples' dream was to retire and live on a beach. I bought their house in June, the husband died that October of a massive heart attack while watching a Saints game. You never know when your time is up, say what you have to say to the people you love while you are still here to say it !

7. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

The Saints haven't bothered my ticker yet but they have given me the sh!ts for about a month now. :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  8. tboy

tboy Founding Member

My friend's dad had a heart attack at a Saints game and died several years ago. I went to his funeral, very sad.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's sad for sure, but something is going to kill us all in time. If I drop dead cheering for an LSU touchdown, I'll die happy.

10. Caliendo

Caliendo Founding Member

Something like this happened after Texas won the National Championship for 2005.