Define Brady Ball...............

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Guzzlingil, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Guzzlingil

Guzzlingil Founding Member

Not my words, but those of a friend (1958ChiTown) copied and pasted from another LSU board...I can't say I disagree....your thoughts on Brady Ball...

These are the ten hallmarks of Brady Ball:
    (1) Lose at least two players a season, preferably critical ones;
    (2) Play inconsistently. If at all possible, beat a great team one night and lose to a terrible team the next;
    (3) Recruit thugs;
    (4) Run a very slow, ineffective, awkward version of the 1950's weave offense;
    (5) The ball must be held at the point and no player can cut or move on offense until less than ten seconds remain on the shot clock;
    (6) Always, ALWAYS, get blown out by slow white teams from the Big Ten, especially in the Tourney;
    (7) Schedule twelve cupcakes to open each season. Make sure that they have odd, obscure names like "Alabama Tuskeegee Correspondance Mechanical and Truck Driving School at Mobile"
    (8) Alienate fans by berating them for not attending the scintillating games described in (7);
    (9) Blow up at the media following desperate comebacks to beat average or terrible teams;
    (10) Ensure that you do not develop any players. Players should only be as good senior year as they were freshman year. Ideally, they will be worse players when they graduate than when they enrolled.

2. GMoney2600

GMoney2600 Founding Member

hahah, very nice

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Hopefully, this'll be the definition after tonight...

Brady Ball-Noun-In LSU Athletic Lore, a term used to describe a mediocre past performance of their basketball team.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Used in a sentence...

"We played Duke to open the year in 2005, and at first, it looked like Brady Ball!"

Or better yet...

"I'm so glad we are finally rid of Brady Ball...It sucked...well...It sucked Brady Balls...Or was that co-eds?"