Deja Vu All Over Again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StaceyO, Mar 24, 2006.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Reading through the Duke Rivals site, I'm reading about "a program in decline," "the worst loss in 20 years," etc., etc.

It's so reminiscent of the posts on the Miami boards after the Peach Bowl and the posts on everyone's boards in '03 when our fb team dismantled team and team.

Always it was about how the program was going in the wrong direction--but at the same time, that LSU had beaten them to a pulp.

So, was it Duke's "declining" program (I'd hardly call it that) or LSU's dominance?

As always, it's GREAT to a Tiger--and I live in Texas, work in a middle school, and have flashed the downward horns to dozens of students/teachers wearing UT gear. GEAUX Tigers!

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Last night after the game, it was a lot like it was on here after the Peach Bowl... So many fans from other schools coming by sand saying thanks and congratulations.

3. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Looking at Duke's team you have to think they wont be as good next year. Both Williams and Reddick were seniors and i didnt see anyone else that impressed me to the point of thinking they will be as good next year.

Maybe the Duke fans see that also.

Even upper echelon programs have not been as dominant lately.

There is not as much difference between the really good programs and the others now.

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

When your team is ranked #1 and they lose, I guess you have to say the program is declining. It sure isn't moving any HIGHER.:hihi: :hihi: LSU! :bball:

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I don't think looking at a team from a player perspective this season fortells what will happen next season. I mean at the beginning of the season who would have thought we'd have this team now? Everyone was so down on coaching and lackluster play it was like we would be lucky to make the NIT. Same goes for Duke...it's dark now but they will be there next season no doubt. I jsut hope we keep everyone next season.