Dejavu?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ScoobaTiger, Aug 26, 2010.

1. ScoobaTiger

ScoobaTiger Founding Member

Listened to the Les Miles Show last night. He pointed out that the offensive line is the deepest since he's been at LSU. Didn't he make a similar statement before the season started last year? I'm not bashing. Just thought that was interesting

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

It's interesting and frightening all at once.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Les knows his neck is on the line this season. Wouldn't make any sense for him to buy more rope to hang himself with if he can't back up that statement.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree, but its still enough of a thought to make one nervous and anxious to see the real product on the field.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Big difference from last year where he claimed the OL was the best OL he has had. The depth is deeper this year with more experience on the line and guys like Washington stepping in the OT/OG role, etc...

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I agree, but I can see how some are reluctant to believe his claims. As they have pointed out, he did say the same thing last yr. I think the difference is this year he will actually back it up.:thumb:

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I just don't see how it is saying the same thing. Best OL vs Best Depth are entirely different things.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Actually last year he said that the Tigers had the Potential to be the best line he had so far had. With Ciron Black a possible AA candidate, Hitt a 3-year starter, and Barksdale a serious comer, it didn't seem out of line.

But Ciron was playing with undisclosed injuries and underperformed and Hitt underperformed as well. The two rookies played like rookies and got pushed around too much.

But LSU is definitely deeper on the line this year. The depth is green, but talented and big.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He may just be trying to pump them up, and put their ass on the line because his is also.

10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

It could have been a great year last year, if we had a real threat through the air then maybe the line and Charles Scott have very different years.

I am not knocking JJ, just saying teams are playing us differently now, and until we start ripping them through the air it will stay that way.