Dennis Dodd....brilliant!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarcusQuinn, Aug 8, 2005.

1. MarcusQuinn

MarcusQuinn Founding Member

"Pencil in USC for a January visit to Pasadena. Now if Michigan, Ohio State or Iowa comes through, Dennis Dodd says the Rose Bowl can be both the BCS title game and a traditional Pac-10 vs. Big Ten matchup."

Ummmm....in that scenario, how can it NOT be a traditional Pac-10 vs. Big Ten matchup? I understand the team with the most points at the end of the game may be the winner also.

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I would LOVE to see Arkansas go in an beat USC early in the season that way we can hear about other teams besides the mighty USC Trojans during the season.

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I would too, but they will get whacked like Auburn did in the home & home. Bout time they man up and schedule a top tier SEC team for a home & home series.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Arkansas as a top-tier SEC team? Shooooo...

5. TigerinAustin

TigerinAustin Founding Member

I think he's saying that Arkansas won't be a challenge and that it's time they manned up and scheduled someone else who IS a top tier SEC team for a home home series.

Problem of course (and why we always get hammered) is that with such tough in-conference competition, top tier SEC teams aren't looking to add USC or other top tier teams to the OOC slate.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Oh, got'cha. Yeah and then there's that thing about how a team might be really good when you schedulde them but suck by the time you play each other.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Can you say Arizona.

8. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Ha, but apparently they were good enough for Kirk Heirbstret to send out an 'upset alert.'

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Thanks TA, that's exactly what I meant. Correct me if I'm wrong but this H&H with Arkansas was made just a little over a year ago. No secret the Hogs would be replacing an entire team when this was made.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats what hes saying IF that comes through it will be their much ballyhooed old style rose bowl. if LSU then no. :hihi: :hihi: