Dim Sum in Baton Rouge (chinese)

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by PSU2LSU, Jan 13, 2011.

1. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

I just moved to LA from PA and I was in search of a Dim Sum Restaurant in Baton Rouge. Dim Sum is a form of Chinese food, closer to authentic Chinese versus the fast food place you see all over the place.

Well the Dim Sum restaurant on Delcourt Avenue in Baton Rouge is pretty good. It's not the same quality you would find in a big city Chinatown like Philadelphia or NYC. My favorite dish is the shrimp noodles (rice noodle) and they are really good here. If I was in the chinatown in Philly and they served me these noodles I wouldn't know the difference.

So if your looking for the best (probably only) Dim Sum restarant in Baton rouge I would recommend the one on Delcourt. Now if your looking for typical chinese food, this is probably not the place for you.

1 person likes this.
  2. MCab

MCab Founding Member

I had Dim Sum in Arlington a few years ago. My family and I were the only non-asians in an enormous dining room. The food was great. I will have to make a trip to BR just for this.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Yeah, it sucks that is the only Dim Sum restaurant in BR. It's kind of dirty and doesn't compare to the ones in big cities like Houston or Dallas but it's still worth going to if you live in BR and want Dim Sum. There aren't really any great authentic Chinese restaurants in BR for that matter

4. Pontius Pilate

Pontius Pilate Veteran Member

A hidden gem for sure