Do they screen any of the STUPID callers/guests on the Les Miles Show?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by STRIPES, Aug 24, 2005.

1. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

The show tonight had to be one of the all-time worst coaches shows I have ever listened to and it was not the fault of Les Miles in any way. This show
    really sounded amateurish tonight.

I truly can't believe that there are people who actually call the show and hold on for 10-15 minutes and when they finally get an opportunity to speak to Coach Miles they ask some absolutely pointless or stupid question.
    One caller actually held on and asked Coach Miles this question, "How do you like your crawfish? Do you prefer boiled, fried, or in etoufee'?"

Then there was this gem asked by some idiotic woman who was actually present for the show, "Coach Miles, I understand you like those little pork medallions in brown gravy and I want to know if it's Northern gravy or Southern?" I mean the woman actually came to the show and had an opportunity to ask a question over live radio which is heard all over Louisiana and Texas and is also broadcast all over the country via WWL and that is her question?

Then there was the caller who called in to mention a relative who had
    passed away and who according to the caller was the biggest LSU fan in
    the world but he never really got around to asking a question.

Then there were the callers who apparently don't listen to the damn show but hold on to ask basicly the same question that was asked 2 or 3 questions before. There must have been 3 callers who asked about E.J. Kuale/Jason Spadoni/Ali Highsmith and the LB situation in the last 25-30 minutes of the damn show. Coach Miles had to feel like a broken record answering the same question over and over.

Does Jim Hawthorne or someone screen this crap? Do they know how
    silly these kinds of calls sound when they are broadcast and what kind of image it projects? I realize that this was the 1st show of the year and there is always going to be some B.S. as the show is "live" but this show tonight sounded as if they were just allowing whoever called on the air with some silly-ass question. The show truly sounded rinky-dink and I can't even imagine Nick Saban's response to some of the questions that were asked tonight. Les Miles must have the patience of Jobe. Incredible.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

while some of it was a bit weak, those people represent what south la. is all about whether you approve or not. its what a lot of people pride themselves in. food and southern hospitality. not many are rhodes scholars but most are good people.

if you feel you can do better, be sure to call and improve our image with that arrogance of yours. I know you can do it.

3. clair

clair Rockets

I dont think it is screened... But people are just trying to get a feel for Les's attitude...

As the season goes on, it will be more about football...

There isnt a WHOLE lot to talk about before the season anyway

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I suppose that if you were to call in and get on the air, your question would be the most well thought out, most earth moving question ever asked. Get over yourself. I know the guy who called in about the little girl who is a huge LSU fan. The girl has never been to an LSU football game due to the fact that her single mother has no money. The young girl's room is all purple and gold with stuff that she has made herself. After the show the girl, who you refer to here as stupid, called all of her family and told them about Coach saying hello to her on the air. She was very proud and it made her day. I'm sorry you had to suffer through it. Shut your pie hole, your not Mr. Perfect.

By the way, the little girl is my cousin.

5. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Weak? The show was high schoolish at best and has definitely taken a step
    back from the way it was done last year. If you liked it then more power to you but it sounded like all we needed was Curley Hallman because he would have fit right in.

Believe it or not, I would venture to guess that most people don't tune into the show to hear some drunk woman ask some ridiculous question about
    whether Coach Miles' gravy is Southern or Northern. If you find that interesting so be it. I guess I now know who called and asked Coach Miles that brilliant question about how he likes his crawfish.

The show needs some serious screening.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It was a typical weekly radio show, not very different from any that Saban ever did each and every week....... The same general types of questions from the same good-hearted LSU fans that continue to bleed purple and gold...... Nothing was different tonight.........

I don't know who is worse today...... you or loco .....

I am proud of my fellow LSU fans and coonasses around this great state!

7. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Tirk, you should have called and used your "Long time caller, first time listner" routine you did on Ott's show.

8. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

By the way, YOU should bring her to a game?

9. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

Ben Jobe?

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

"you're" as in you are. How stupid can people be? :hihi: :hihi: