Do we have anything left in the tank for the Barners?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

This game will define the season, and how this Senior class is remembered. Either a championship team, or just a very good team. They win this game, and they control their destiny, period. I have faith they will do just that!:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  2. StarsofOrion

StarsofOrion Founding Member

Oh I get it - it isn't like it took effort to beat Auburn - MSU just got lucky because Auburn decided they wanted to lose.

Right?

1 person likes this.
  3. StarsofOrion

StarsofOrion Founding Member

I think those in Purple, and those in Crimson, have something to say about that.

4. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

I dont think we lose. The players know and coaches know we havent played a good game since VT. It was really only a matter of time before the penalties and drops came back to bite us in the ass. I think we see less mistakes and will see a more aggressive defense and also see the offense open up.

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

The Arkansas program was fractured last season also, but it didn't prevent them from winning the West ..... and D-Mac is gone to the show no matter what Nutt does this season.

I'll take a 3-point win over an SECW opponent any day of the week, regardless of how impressive it may be perceived.

[​IMG]

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

No, you don't get it. MSU won because Auburn was playing rather poorly early in the season. Maybe they did decide they wanted to lose, I don't know. I do know they're playing better now than they were at the time of the MSU game.

7. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Me too! Say, maybe, this Saturday! :eek:ldskule:

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

LSU is simply a better team than Auburn. It took 100+ yards in penalties, numerous dropped passes, missing wide open receivers, a few questionable calls, and three OTs for the BCS's #7 team to beat LSU in their home stadium.

No offense to Auburn or their quality (but classless) head coach but LSU should win this game by 10 points...or more.

Our passing game will continue to struggle without Doucet but LSU has enough depth to pound the ball if we just call a decent game, execute, and avoid stupid penalties.

Remember...this isn't 2006 or 2004 @ Auburn when the games were decided by the officiating. Your hometown replay booth official and game clock operator will be back in Alabama.

I just really hope the nation gets to see another great SEC night game from Tiger Stadium. Hopefully Auburn players will not embarrass the conference again with their stupid antics like stomping at midfield, playing with cigars, or running through the band while they're performing. (Although it was nice seeing an Auburn player get his ass handed to him by a band member! :lol: )

I guess the players take on the personality of the coach. That's why I'm not interested in ever having TT as our head coach even though he would drop Auburn in a heartbeat if we ever offered.

Tennesse - 1 loss and a :crystal:

LSU - 1 loss and a :crystal:

Florida - 1 loss and a :crystal:

Auburn - Undefeated and a :cry: (Bring a camera...you can take a picture of ours.)

9. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Wrong. They went 13-0 that year and there were no other undefeated teams from major conferences going into the bowls.

No undefeated teams going into the bowls. That makes things a tad easier to get there.

Only Ohio St. was undefeated among major conference teams going into the bowls.

Preseason #1 and #2 go undefeated.

Like it or not, luck has something to do with things. You were lucky your 12-1 season didn't happen in 2004 or you wouldn't have even been in the discussion. Likewise we were unlucky that our 12-0 regular season didn't happen in a year like yours where we would have been the clear #1 and the rest would have been arguing about who most deserved to play us for the MNC.

1 person likes this.
  10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

..... and the officials cost LSU the Kentucky game also, .... right? Are you sure you're not a Gator fan in disguise? They're the only team I know that has never been beaten, only lost because of the officiating :hihi: