Do you prefer that Hasan lived and can now stand trial?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Nov 11, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

there's that intellect again. the "free" means no legal consequences. i support your freedom. but those comments are still wacko. you and larouche.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The UCMJ hasn't changed.

3. red55

We're talking about the Ft. Hood shooter. There is a ton of evidence and dozens of eyewitnesses.

4. red55

Man, you just make up chit to accuse Obama about. Have you no dignity?

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

It seems the same could be said for the left in this country.
    They take away innocent people's guns for starters when the second amendment says we are allowed to have them.

Why is it that you and others think I'm far right or insane.
    Insane is people who support the left wing and there personal assault on our freedom in the name of global warming, healthcare and everything else.
    Do you support the public option and do you support people going to jail for not having healthcare?

I don't support any public option weather its healthcare, education, VA,etc.
    Because I know it doesn't work very well.

I support the founders and the constitution when its convenient just like you so you can stop the high and mighty bull****!
    Get off your high horse!:insane:

No, I don't support the liberal bull**** to interpret the constitution to something its not, that f'in insane and convenient.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No? Then why are some of the terrorists being tried in civil court instead of a military tribunal? I think the Commander In Chief had something to do with that didn't he?

7. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

This man is not subject to the US constitution, he is subject to the UCMJ. If he is tried in civil court, it would only be by direction of the President. If he is tried by court martial and the death penalty is not invoked it would only be by direction of the President.

This man will die at some point in the near future, it is a certainty. A member of the US Armed Forces who committed 13 counts of pre-meditated murder (that indictment has been announced) on a military installation (no civilian jurisdiction) with untold number of witnesses. He is a dead man (not) walking-announced today that he is paralyzed, maybe permanently.

Just to clarify-the pig's blood thing-Gen John J. "Blackjack" Pershing ordered his troops to dip their rounds in pig's blood during the Phillipine Insurrection of 1902. The idea was that if the Muslim rebels believed this would send them to hell if shot then they would not be quite so rebellious.

8. Sourdoughman

What the hell are you talking about?
    If they are being tried in this country they have to be given rights, no?
    Please explain this to me?
    What is the purpose to have them in civilian trials in this country?
    Like others have said I'm not confident that the civilian justice system will be able to convict all of these guys for lack of evidence, etc.

Its going to be a civilian circus.
    What happens in this country if the case is dismissed or these are found innocent then?
    Are they sent back to Gitmo?:nope:

9. Sourdoughman

I apologize that I helped derail the thread.
    Keep in mind other posts in this thread talked about those In Iraq camps and various information.
    Twisted brought up that he doesn't trust the criminal justice system which I agree.
    I also don't trust the media in our own country.
    They sold out some of our strategies against terrorism during the last administration.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Sometimes, I wonder if our founding fathers really meant for people who were undoubtedly guilty to stand trial. I mean, how many people saw this POS mow down his fellow soldiers?

Did our founding fathers really envision taking someone like that to court--or did they want an obviously, beyond a reasonable doubt from the get-go creep to hang from the nearest tree?