Dodd's Preseason Top 25 Picks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Mar 11, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

2. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I could care less about pre-season polls this early on the year. BUT, It sure is fun to be in the top 5 in all polls. LSU hasn't had this kind of respect in a long time.

As far a GA goes, we can take care of them ourselves. Maybe twice... Again....

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I've always enjoyed reading Dodd's articles but this guy has been drinking way too much kool-aid and not researching these teams himself. He depends on others for all his info.

4. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

Marcus Randall takes over for Matt Mauck and is more athletic and has a stronger arm

HUH!? This guy must not know about Russell or Flynn. Plus, Randall doesn't have a stronger arm than Mauck.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

yes randall does have a stronger arm and he is faster, that isn't his problem. and more then likely he will take over. right now he is penciled in as number 1.

6. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

good point. When I watched both play, Randall looked to have better physical tools. The problem is that Randall didn't make good decisions like Mauck did. But I think we will be fine with any one of the them, they have all had ample time. Less not forget the only with any college experience is Randall, who has the best pass in LSU history credited to him. If he can make better decisions, I think we have better offense than this year.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The key word there is "penciled". It can easily be erased (lol). And will be.

8. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

What is this dude’s infatuation with Georgia? Does he say David Greene & Heisman in the same sentence? I guess he didn’t watch any games last year. Greene was not very good at all. He didn’t throw many picks but he didn’t throw many TD’s either. His numbers are very very average. Maybe below average.

Gibson was injured early in the year so I won’t judge him on that but in the SECCG he played like a nervous little girl. I remember thinking, “Is this the guy that UGA fans won’t shut up about? He is soft.

And Pollack. Oh God, no one has gotten more BS press. In just about every UGA game I watched last year, he was non-existent. The announcers say, “He doesn’t have any stats to speak of, but it’s his presence.” Uh yeah right, that’s what you say when you hype up a guy and he doesn’t do anything. And he won some award last year that was all hype.

Georgia fans bother me, now that I’m living up here. That was pretty sweet sticking it to them twice last year. You know they have their calendars circled for us this year. I hope we both get to that game unbeaten. The rest of college football is going to shut down on that day.

9. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

stole my line :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: