Does anybody know what was up with the play calling against Ole Miss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

It seemed to my friends and me that Jimbo totally went away from what has been working all year. We only threw 2 Bubble screens, a play that will always get you 5 to 7 yards. Thats just one thing that I noticed there were others that my friends so but I was to drunk to rememember what they were.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ole Miss had the bubble screen defended very well. If it ain't workin', you go to something else. They also took away the rollout pass. Somebody was always at home and Mauck didn't have the time he usually did to get the ball off.

Jimbo's got lots of plays.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

From what I have heard, Ole Miss was lining up to defend the bubble screen as well as the running plays where LSU has been successful cutting it back. I'm not sure if this is accurate.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Yea I know that damn rollout wasn't working at all. Everytime they called it somebody was missing a block or something cause they were coming in free. As far as the bubble screen the first time we ran it it was an overthrow, the next was a nice little 10 yard gain I think. They may have had to defense for it but I say run it til they stop it!

5. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Ole' Piss played a hell of a game on defense. I have to give it to them.

Fortunately we played a hell of a defensive game as well. Tigers Defense is dominating

6. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

For the bubble screen, I am pretty sure that Mauck has the option to check out of it if it is well defended. So there were probably times that we would have run it, but Mauck saw that Ole Miss was lined up to stop it, so he audibled out of it. That is probably why we didn't see it very much.

7. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

The bubble screen is called by the QB at the line fo scrimmage based on the defensive scheme. Arkansas will try to do the same thing since Ole Miss had success.

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

yeah I agree, a lot of the times we were in the Bubble screen formation (3 wide left, 1 wide right) the DB on the middle man on the side with 3 wide was playing really close...this would really disrupt the blocking scheme on the play....thats why we didn't see it much

9. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Yep, and we should burn them DEEP!!! :D

10. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Why didn't we give them a heavier dose of Justin Vincent?