Does Congress Feel Americans Pain

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

YouTube - Nancy Pelosi Is A Horrible Woman! Jack Cafferty

Jack Cafferty on CNN, this is great!
    I would also say that Obama is living high off the hog.
    He took Air Force One to Copenhagen in order to try and get the Olympics and at the same time criticizes corporate America for using their jets or going on vacation yet he does the same.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Their only concern is their own power and money. This is the WORST Congress in our history yet I'm sure someone will be right along to tell us they're not only great but also moderates. :hihi:

We're the fools who put them there. Shame on us if we allow them to remain.

Pelosi and her crew should be depicted in dictionaries when you look up hypocrisy. Maybe they could change it to Hy-pelosi or Democrites.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I am not crazy about Obama, but criticizing him for using Air Force One on an official visit is just plain nuts.

4. Sourdoughman

It was an official visit to go to Copenhagen to bid for the Olympics?
    What about Nancy Pelosi and her 3 jets to Copenhagen for the Climate Conference?
    Maybe you can show me where another president has done that, and in a time where the country is in a financial crisis.
    I don't believe its any crazier than Obama not allowing corporate America to use their jets or go to Las Vegas for Business meetings or vacations.

Excuse me, remember the joy ride someone took over New York City in Air Force One after he was sworn in?

I just simply don't believe what I see happening in this country today.
    Everyone wants to blame corporate America for all our problems.
    People seem to ignore that politicians and government is just as corrupt if not more than the private sector.
    I simply can't wait for Obama to raise taxes and for the same people who supported him, a few anyway that isn't in the cellar.
    If your health care is going up with a 40% tax rate I can't wait for the rest of it to take effect.
    Maybe then people will wake up and finally start blaming government for something!

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

whatever plane he flies on is Air Force One. Seriously doubt he can fly on the Washington-Copenhagen 6pm Continental flight. Are you, in fact, questioning his "on the job" time spent attempting to get the Olympics for Chicago?

The thing i question is what Olympic idiot told the President it was good idea. He should not have gone unless it was a lock.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

If the President travels, he travels on Marine One or Air Force One. If the Olympics are on his agenda (and he does get to decide if they are) then he's going to HAVE to take Air Force One. So, I guess the only question is are the Olympics worth the "carbon points" or whatever?

As for the question of Congress feeling the pain? The ones that actually have led normal civilian lives certainly get it. Hundreds of them have zero clue. They THINK they know. They have no clue.

7. Sourdoughman

I didn't say that he could fly on something other than Air Force One did I?
    I really don't get what the mystery is behind my questions or statements.
    I guess you could say I am in fact questioning his on the job time spent going to Copenhagen for the Olympic bid and the joyride he or his family took over Manhattan.

I still state that if the left really believed in the global warming hoax they wouldn't be joy riding in Air Force One over Manhattan or going to Copenhagen for the Olympics.
    That goes for Nancy Pelosi's entourage which took 3 jets to Copenhagen.
    This president and Congress are living it up at our expense while many people in the nation are suffering. Kolby beef, etc.
    I wouldn't be as critical if they hadn't called out the private sector or tried to tell everyone how they should live.
    Btw, No, I'm not talking about Obama's trip to Copenhagen for the Global Warming extremists convention.
    I don't agree with it but oh well, he can probably do whatever he wants until he is impeached or done with his term.

Some are totally missing the point, its about spending spending unnecessary money and
    carbon footprint.
    Practice what you preach or shut up!(not talking about any of you here)
    Listen to the Jack Cafferty video above.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yes, an official visit.

All of them have! Not a single sitting President has flown commercial since Roosevelt, the first President to fly. The very idea is absurd.

Presidents are required to use Air Force one or one of the flying Command Posts so that they not only have security, but immediate access to the command structure of the country including secure communications. The President cannot be sitting in first class on a commercial airliner when a war begins or a crisis requires his immediate attention. No one in his right mind would suggest this.

Not true. Obama has not prohibited any corporations from using corporate jets. He has shamed a few who took public money to take a $25,000 corporate jet flight instead of a $1500 first class ticket to a Washington meeting to discuss their bailouts.

Not true. It wasn't a "joy ride", it was a scheduled photo-op to replace outdated photos of the plane. The issue was in flying over New York without due warning and that was a Pentagon decision, not an Obama decision.

9. Sourdoughman

I didn't realize you and others here have a reading comprehension problem.:huh:
    No where did I say he should fly in any other way.
    Tell me one more time about man made global warming and how we should change our lives when we make worthless, stupid trips like this across the country and the world, carbon footprint!
    Really?
    I didn't realize I was so stupid!:insane:
    What right has he to tell a private citizen or companies how to conduct their business?
    No, according to you Bush was at the top and when something like that happened it was his fault.
    This is clearly a blunder by Obama, the buck stops with him!

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I have no problem with the Copenhagen thing. It's a business decision. The Olympics could literally restore the economy in Chicago with all the construction that would likely have to be done. Money well spent in my opinion. Now the 375k for Air Force One photo op, that was ridiculous.