Dont Give Up Guys

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 9, 2006.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I was looking at the remaining schedules and we are not out of this yet!!!

There are some needs for it to happen but they are not that far fetched.

If Auburn loses to Florida this week. Then lose to either Georgia or Alabama that would give them 3 SEC losses.

If Arkansas can just lose 1 SEC game before our game then if we beat them and we dont lose anymore then we would be SEC Champs based on head to head win versus Arky.

I know it is alot but it is not out of the realm of Possibilities.

You just gotta believe.

Before last week i would not have thought Auburn loses 3 SEC games but Ark. showed they can be beat .

2. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Even if we don't go to the SECCG, the season isn't over.

Look at 2004. I still consider that season successful. At this point in the season we are in the same exact situation as we were then: 4-2 with two losses to two very good teams on the road (UGA was #3 when they beat us and AU was #14). Not only that, we were 4-2 and ALMOST out of the top 25 (#24).

Look for the good in this.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

We ain't giving up- at least I'm not. Most of us are in this for the long haul. I'm guilty of venting out of frustration sometimes because I know our team can and deserve better than we've received to this point.

We are spoiled but you can also look at it from the standpoint that if we didn't care, we wouldn't be upset about losses. Love this forum, our team, and our program with all its traditions and very proud of LSU!

:tigbas: :bball: :helmet: :tigerhead :champs:

4. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

2001 season.... can do it again.. we owe Tenn an ass kickn from last year

I can still remember the bad years....late 90's was a tuff time

5. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I would love to have a rematch with florida in atlanta.....but we still have a lot of work to do....first off, beat kentucky.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What do you mean don't give up? It doesn't matter what happens to other teams because we won't win 4 more games this season! Clearly, we have Aaron Brooks at QB, Curly Hallman at coach, and a plain incompetent OC! We need to salvage this season while we can! Fire Miles & Jimbo now, put Flynn in, & promote Pelini!!! It is the only hope we have...

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

You need some help CPARSO . Geees we all want the team to do well but you have lost it.

8. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Hey Calco, meet my friend sarcasm. He's been around a lot, I'm shocked you two havn't met yet.

9. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Tahdahh....Berge returns as 'Captain Obvious':thumb: :D

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Are you kidding? LSU has never played better. We lost to #2 Auburn mostly because of the officials and we would have beaten #2 Florida if we wouldn't have turned the ball over to them so much. We are still a powerhouse with the #1 defense and an offense that is capable of racking up huge chunks of yardage.

We are just where we want to be and Miles has led us to this point. Every team makes mistakes and anybody who is upset that LSU isn't perfect is an idiot. If you are passionate about LSU, when we lose you need to be on board and give your complete support. Voicing your displeasure only tears apart the greatness of LSU - these coaches are paid alot more than any fans and though they make mistakes from time to time they know alot more than all the Monday morning QBs combined.

Fans should really be subservient to their program, stand firm when things go wrong, and cheer and get excited when things go right. That is a true fan, not all you fussy wet my diapers baby-dolls who are unhappy when we lose. Do you really think we gave Dinardo enough time, or did the administration cave in to the tantrum throwing fans?

Anyway, Miles is our guy now. Don't you remember how good our record looked at the end of last season? Despite not playing up to our potential in almost every game, we got some big wins, and capped it off with the culmination of what we are capable of - a win over Miami.