Dorsey For Heisman

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Sep 27, 2007.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Michael Bonnette is proting Dorsey for the Heisman. I heard this on the Les Miles Show last night. I am no fan of the Heisman award because of the obvious reasons but it still is nice to see a DL getting some recognition.

On ESPNU they have a weekly Heisman poll and Dorsey is currently rated #7 by the fans. Go check the website out and give him some votes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/rank?versionId=4&listId=35

2. geauxpetty

geauxpetty Founding Member

A guy from collegefootballnews.com has him as #1` for this week.

2 people like this.
  3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

He is up to 5th.

And geauxpetty, nice avatar. :lol:

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He's up to #5 now. :hihi:

I'm not into "Individual" awards but I have to admit that the attn. it brings the university is always welcomed. Even with JR being first round pick, I'd like to know how many times kids heard, "LSU" in speaking about him. Good press for LSU.

As far Dorsey, is there any other who plays and owns their position like he does? McFadden for sure, Brennan too but I know the competition he faces raises question (Though that never matters with USC candidtates :hihi: ) and Tebow (But with him, I think he's a great qb but there's something about him I'm not comfortable with and I can't quite put my finger on it). If he can take over the game against our defense, any in the top 5, for that matter, I'd be more convinced.

Dorsey epitomizes what a football player should be like from dominance to his humble, yet contagious "Pumped up" demeanor on the field. He just brings so much to the team/fans with his leadership/excitement. At the end of the day, he's "Momma's boy" and it would be a great story.

5. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

History says no... the last defensive lineman to win it was Leon Hart in 1949. In fact there have been just three defensive players to ever win the Heisman, and Charles Woodson the only one in the last 50+ years.

It would be amazing if Dorsey got it, that would be great for him and for LSU. Let's hope for the best.

6. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I don't think he has to win it. To even be considered or invited to NY would be pretty damn impressive.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

well, lets see how he does against the great OLs this year--bama and uf.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

top 4 sec.

dorsey up to #3.

9. khounba

khounba Founding Member

And he has the second most 1st place votes.:lol:

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Interesting too, is that Hart and Woodson both played offense and defense. Who was the third anyway?