Dreamland Bar-B-Q to open in BR

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Feb 5, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

We have a Corky's here in Lafayette and its terrible. By the way, I heard the Dreamland deal wasn't sealed until LSU inked Big Herm !

2. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

BengalB, I'm on a "health kick" anyway. Lots of leafy greens, carrots and "hummus" and stuff like that. Help is on the way, though. My ladyfriend is throwing a Mardi Gras party and is ordering a king cake and chocolate doberge cake from Gambino's. I'll be cooking some gumbo and jambalaya. LAWD have mercy!

3. sos

sos Founding Member

That strept throat might have spread and killed too many brain cells. No doubt there will always be a difference of opinion, but 23 of the 25 people who were with me that day all agreed TJ's is better. You just might not like any of TJ Moran's places, which I think are all outstanding (but don't compete with New Orleans' food) : Ruth's Chris, Ruffino's (formerly Dinardo's), Ninfa's, etc.

If you can find it in Louisiana, you can't find it anywhere else any better!

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Re: Amen about Jay's Donuts

My personal favorite is the Port Allen Bakery. Between the honey-glazed and the choc covered. Tough call. Jay's are 2nd best, IMHO. I also like Meche's on S. Sherwood. But I place them 3rd.

ALL kingcakes in BR are terrible. There is nothing like a fresh kingcake from Randazzo's Good Children Bakery down in Meraux (That's pronounced Meer O, just like Beer with an M for all you unfamiliar with Da Parish). Simply the BEST!!!;)

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Most of TJs restaurants do a pretty good job. Personnally, the Ruth's in BR is the worst one I have ever been to. Not sure why, but the food is just average for Ruth's. If you were to compare the NO Broad St. location to BR in a side-by-side challenge, you would wonder if you were eating McDonald's when you tasted some of the BR version (Its not that extreme a difference, but I wanted to make a point). TJ needs to pick up the stick with his Ruth's. I like the others.