DUVAL WAS THE BEST BUT AUBURN HAS TURNED

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 21, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

David Duval was the best kicker in the nation for the past 2 maybe 3 years and the Auburn fans have turned on him like he was an Alabama spy at practice they should be ashamed he stayed for 4 years. Bo left after 2 years do you get my point Auburn sucks they dont know a good thing when they have it.

THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I HATE AUBURN

2. chuck

chuck Founding Member

So is that why Trev Faulk left?

Actually, Auburn fans haven't turned on him, we just want the player who has the best chance of helping us win start. Duval is still one of the best punters and kickoff kickers (horrible word combo) but he is psycologically struggling with his field goals. We have a HS All-American sitting on the bench, and feel (along with the coaching staff) that he should be given a start?

Is that turning on someone?

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Man I have missed much with Auburn this year. This to is all news to me.

Cannot argue with Chuck here. If this is true (Which I will take Chucks word for it)

Fact is, Auburn has had some rough times recently, IMHO lost the best RB in the nation, their coach is starting to get the eyes of the Alumni turned on him, and their star kicker (I assume) has gone into the tank.

Like the Cowboys benching Q-Car. Auburn wants to change the scenery, and if benching your kicker is a start, I say whats the worse that could happen lose ?

Jeez I have been so engrossed in LSU this year, I have missed 90 percent of the things going in the SEC west.

Geaux Tigers

4. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Reading Post on WEN

It just seems like a lot of the post on the WEN are blaming Tubby and Duval for some of the problems at Auburn and I see the point blaming Tubby But to blame Duval (a player) seems harsh to me.

ITS PAY BACK TIME AGAIN

5. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I would agree . .

I never see a reason to blame a player .. especially if its a good kid like Duval. When he was a freshman, he was a bit of a punk and Tubby called him the carpet for it . .and it was deserved and it worked.

Duval has turned into a team leader, and I haven't really seen a lot of blame on Duval himself for our troubles. Granted, if the FG is good, we win last weekend, but there were some other things that could of also happened.

I feel bad for Duval b/c I think he is a good player and I am glad he will get the opportunity to contribute at punter and kickoffs . but I am also glad that Yost will now get his chance.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Does this mean Duval wont beat up our French Horn Players again ???
    ;)

Geaux Tigers

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

As long as he doesn't start

trying to play music while he is warming up . .

JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I agree with Chuck on this one, too. He is only 4 of 10 so far this year. While that may not all be his fault, something has to give. I say try a new kicker. A lot of the fans are turning on him, but I dont think he deserves it. Yes, he could have won the game, but he certainly didnt loose it. I think Auburn fans have just gotten used to Duval winning the game in the clutch or even the closing seconds. He cant be the hero everytime. He will still make a good contribution on special teams as the punter KO kicker.

9. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

Duval turned into a head case the middle of last year I believe. Before that he was almost perfect. He reminds me of Wade Richey who was a head case. As soon as he hot away from Dinardo and his looney toon staff he started kicking well @ San Fran.