Early Bird Special

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TUSKtimes, Dec 13, 2012.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

People couldn't throw on Kirkpatrick because QBs didn't have the time against the pass rush and blitz. Courtney Upshaw was one of the best pass rushers in the country last year. The front 7 was legit, and he reaped the benefits of it. He would occasionally make a big hit on a small running back who was catching the ball just past the line of scrimmage running sideways, and he wouldn't even wrap. Look at the schedule after Florida, anyway; the only decent QB you played after Florida was Tyler Bray. This year, you guys do have other problems in defending the passing game, but I was just focused on Kirkpatrick.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Having Upshaw certainly helped the secondary. Alabama certainly didn't have the same pressure guys this year as last but you didn't see Kirkpatrick getting beaten often.

When teams did have success passing last season, they went in DeQuan Menzie's direction. He was in the same situation as Belue when it came to experience against SEC defenses—first year.

I suspect you'll see passing attacks going after the new corner against next season. There are a handful of guys that really need for their game to grow up on the next seven months.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Some more SEC early entries to declare:

Tyler Bray - QB - Tennessee, Never has an SEC quarterback done less with more. Was looking forward to the bray-spread. If it wasn't for the 'P' word and the NFL, I smell a free agent.
    Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
    Brad Wing - Punter - LSU.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I heard Saban's declaring early for the NFL.......;)

gyver likes this.
  5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Much too late to call him a Junior.

6. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

If you go simply off his stature, he's still a toddler.

furduknfish and stevescookin like this.
  7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

:eek: !!!!!!

8. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

LSU beat that 2011 Alabama team in Tuscaloosa earlier in the seaon in OT.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSU's defense was better. Played a much, much, much tougher schedule, beating an unprecedented 3 BCS bowl winners in 1 season. Alabama had a cupcake schedule, and played terrible offenses all season including us, and statistically we were on their heels as the 2nd best D in the country. I think it's easy to tell which D was better.

TigerTap, b_leblanc and Winston1 like this.
  10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I definitely think our D and Bama's of 2011 was alot closer than most give us credit for. The cupcake schedule had almost everything to do with the difference in yardage and points. Their D got a big boost by pitching a shutout in the last game you'll ever see them play. Our playcalling played right into their hands, and didn't change all game. Funny how Reece Davis calls them "arguable the best defense ever" almost every time he mentions them. Wonder where he went to school? Greatest D of all-time doesn't give up 300-yard rushing to a divison 1-A team. Great? Yes. Best ever?..Reece had one word right, "arguably."

TigerTap likes this.