Early leavers 2013???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 27, 2013.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So I think it is certain OBJ, Landry & Hill are bye bye, but what about Freak & La'el Collins?

What are the chances we get Freak and Collins back?

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

OBJ looks to be a 1st rounder. Landry not far behind. Ego has graded higher than Freak by most scouts. Collins, most say he's gone. Same with Hill. Some say Landry is 50/50, that the money is not the deciding factor. You just never know.

Mett has graded out very well, still with any player, it only takes that one team to like you. Another Sr., Loston may be one to keep an eye on in this draft.

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

what are leavers?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

5. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Hilliard I think is going too.

6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I think Hill, Hilliard, Blue (who has one more year of eligibility because of injury), Collins, OBJ, Landry, Johnson and Ferguson all go, for better or worse. I question some of the reasoning behind some of these guys leaving, like Hilliard (even though I hear it's financial) and Blue but others like OBJ, Landry and Hill are no brainers. These are men among boys in the most competitive collegiate conference in the country and could probably play for a lot of NFL teams tomorrow.

I'd like to see Collins, Blue, Hilliard and Johnson give it another year but what the hell do I know.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

sbnation has a entry in their network pointing to eight or nine going early this fall...stumbled across that conversation a time or two today.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I wouldn't draft Loston in any of the 7 rounds. He has played that poorly this season. Even in watching the A&M game, he did finally make a couple of impact plays, but there were the usual head scratchers like the TD pass down by A&M in which he completely missed even touching the receiver coming down the sidelines. NFL Scouts cannot look at that film and see anything that they can work with.

Kid was way overhyped this year and the only thing he had going for him was his big hitting ability, but the rule changes completely voided out that aspect of his game.

Herb and boblinfoto like this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If we can get back Landry and at least Ego or Freak (even though he underwhelmed), then that would be huge for LSU to strike a balance between the youth and veteran leadership on both sides of the ball. I think Freak would do himself some good by coming back and dominating. Otherwise, he is a mid to late round draft pick in 2014.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Every player has his own agenda, and own timeline for their careers. But based on performance this season alone, the only underclassmen that look NFL ready to me are OBJ, Landry and Hill.

ParadiseiNC, LSUTiga and LaSalleAve like this.