Eating contest...

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by shaqazoolu, Apr 6, 2004.

1. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

In interest of conserving the integrity and subject matter of the best burger thread from my last post in there....I have decided to start another related to it.

Basically what I am lookin for is the most insane amount of food you have eaten at one sitting before....past records....future goals....etc....

My current records are
    1. 6 bean burritos from taco hell
    2. 8 pieces of fried chicken(dark meat....needs improvment)
    3. 7 burger king regular cheeseburgers
    4. 6 BK big fish
    5. double burger and an order of cajun Q's from riverside patty

current goals.......
    1. 2 caniacs, no slaw extra toast

AND MY ULTIMATE GOAL IS...
    _-=The Barbecue Platter from TJ Ribs=-_

If anyone can eat the BBQ platter from TJ Ribs....you have my infinite respect, especially since it is pretty much impossible...except maybe for the little Japanese guy from the Glutton Bowl....now he is insane....

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I once ate 9 homemade tostados with lots of jalapenos and hot Pace Pecante sauce on each one. You wouldn't have wanted to be me the next morning. I didn't want to be me that morning.

3. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

i once ate a whole 18" pizza and another time ate 50 chicken wings (well maybe a couple of times).......anyone ever eat one of those 50 oz porterhouses and get their name on the wall?

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

In College we had a Taco Bell Soft Taco eating contest going. I held the record at a mere 9 for about 2 semesters, until a new fraternity brother shattered the record with a healthy 11. Taco Bell actually donated a sign to us as a trophy.
    Rule were had to eat them within 30 minutes, and you cannot vomit at any time or within 3 hours of your session. Any trips to the bathroom were monitored.

After my defeat I managed my fraternity brother in future contests, I was his Jim Cornet to my Kamala the Ugandan Warrior. We went undefeated, one guy ate 11 but puked 30 minutes after thus disqaulification.

Once I was at Papadeauxs on Northwest Highway at the bar and I had settled into a long beer and crawfish session. Next to me there was a very large man next to me. We gave each other the look. We realized it was "Game On" we went toe for toe until 10 pounds. I could not go on any more. He continued. The force was strong with this one. He was a Jedi Master and me a mere Padowin. He continued to 16 pounds, and polished that off with a dozen oysters and a desert. He was Yoda. It was amazing.

I still have nightmares about his work. I once considered myself one of the finest crawfish eaters this side of the Mississippi, I match speed, consitency and quantity to bring Magic to the Crawfish eating world.

However I realized I am a mere mortal.

And lastly on the Tickfaw river where our camp is. At Tin Lizzys I once saw the river drunk eat 40 pounds in one sitting, I was a kid, the legend still lives...

rememer Highschool days. During my high school football days I tried to put on as much wieght as possible my junior and senior year. For lunch I used to eat 5 sandwiches, 2 little debbie snacks, 3 Dr. Peppers then around 2 PM I would drink one of those 3000 Calorie Maximum Weight Gain shakes..
    These days I eat a Rice Cake and gain 10 pounds....

5. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I think that old boy on the Tickfaw had an 8 foot tapeworm in his gut. 40lbs. that is amazing. The salt must have swollen him to the size of the Michelen Man.

6. TexasTigers

I cannot confirm this but I think he got into the Guiness Book of World Records for it. It was around 84 or 83 when he did it. I remember we would go to Tin Lizzys and he would bet us. He could drink a beer quicker then we can pour one into a glass. He would poke holes in the top of the can and slam the beer, it was amazing. He was from Springfield I recall.

7. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

A friend of mine would go to Wendy's and eat for 'The Cycle'

The Cycle consisted of
    First a 1/4 single.
    Second a 1/4 double.
    Third a 1/4 triple.
    Finally he take down another Triple with the meat and cheese from a second Single added on top.

They had to be done in order and in one sitting. It was a pretty awful sight. I got through the triple once and thought I was going to throw up.

8. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Anyone ever tried to see how many hotdogs they could throw down in one sitting?

I think I might be able to hold down 10. I can't even concieve that little japanese dude putting down 50+ dogs in 12 minutes. That is just sick.

9. TexasTigers

Have you ever seen that little dude after he competes. His stomach is huge. He looks pregnent. Its disgusting.

What is everyones record for Crawfish intake - Total Pounds. (including side dishes of New Potatoes, Corn etc etc)

I posted mine at 10.

10. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

A friend and I once bought 20 lbs of crawfish as we were getting ready to watch an LSU basketball game (around 1988-89). I'm a MASTER at eating crawfish fast. I figured I'd get about 12-14 lbs. and he would get about 6-8 lbs.

About two minutes in, I realized he was keeping up with me crawfish-for-crawfish. I had never had anyone keep up with me like that. Apparently, he was thinking the same thing. After about 5 minutes, he took a deep breath. leaned back and said, "DAMN, no one has ever kept up with me like that!"

We decided to finish off the 20 lbs and go get another 15 lbs at halftime.

All told, each of had 17-18 lbs each.

I would guess that I've eaten more than that on other occasions, but that occasion was the only one where I "counted".