Eli interview during game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dplsu, Nov 28, 2003.

1. dplsu

dplsu Founding Member

Was anyone else annoyed by the interview with Eli during the game and how appropriate was it that LSU scores while Eli's discussing how the Hogs can get back in the game?

Don't get me wrong, I respect Eli's ability and I'm sure he's a good guy, BUT this media love affair is a little much.

Eli's a great QB but I've never understood his choice of Ole Miss, other than it being his father's alma mater. With all the hype, wouldn't you choose a top ten school where you had a very realistic chance at the heisman and a national title? Since LSU shut him down, there hasn't been much Heisman talk that I've heard.

Anyway, this has been an incredible season, and the west next year should be ours for the taking...

Auburn: Now has a lame-duck coach and player defections.
    Alabama: will continue to struggle with scholarship reductions
    Arkansas: Loses 20 some seniors
    Ole Miss: Loses the only reason they won 6 games in the SEC
    MSU: Need I say more.

The future looks bright!!!

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

The word around the campfire that I've heard recently was...

Cutcliffe had a great relationship with the Mannings via Peyton's recruitment, and his time spent in Knoxville.

Cut was in the running for the Ole Mrs. job, and got Archie to basically sign, seal and deliver Eli on the basis of Cut getting the job...

Oh, and don't worry with Eli and the love-fest. He's the last of the prodigal sons, and he's the last...he has one game left in his collegiate career, other than some Senior Bowl crapola type made for TV blah-blah rah-rah All-Star games...

The media will have to find another mancrush on...

3. NOMAD

NOMAD Founding Member

ELI WHO

Yea, I was very annoyed. I am sick of "Eli this, and Eli that". The press acts like Ole Miss won! 17 -14!! 17 -14! 17 -14!!

Any questions?

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. TundraTiger

TundraTiger Founding Member

The more they love Eli, the better we look.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

There's an old adage on the Bayous ... Rebel Hope NEVER come true.

6. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

You might add that Texas A & M's program is starting at the bottom of the basement to build back up, which means LSU may face less competition in the Houston and Beaumont areas in those rich areas of football recruiting.

I will guess that Tulane will not be playing D-1A football in five years and there is no state school that could rise up and rival LSU.

LSU will get the cream of our state's best every year, and can reach into Texas and Mississippi to get a few top players. If Saban stays five years or more, the Tigers could establish a Bowden or Spurrier type dominating program.

This year could be just the beginning.