.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

First thing,. Many of you, have said many nice things about me... Thank you all... Also, thanks to those who didn't have nice things to say, but held back.

Next,.. To those members who have been at Tiger's Den for a good while.
    I know, prior to our game, I was waving the Oregon flag around very enthusiastically, loud,. and all the time.

I realize now, that I was also stepping into conversations,. while I was doing my schtick... Thank you for your gracious tolerance and restraint.

I love my Ducks,. but there is no longer a reason to wave my flag in front of you, all the time.. I enjoyed it, but I don't want to, and probably couldn't, continue to be a Duck cheerleader....

Then, I was representing my school.
    Now,. I support my school, and state, but I represent Myself.

I don't want to be all over the threads anymore. So, I will focus on a couple of interesting topics.. If I want to showoff, or stand on a soapbox, or show you all kinds of stuff,.. I will do so, on this thread.

I've enjoyed my summer at Tiger's Den,..I intend to stick around. My hope is, that we don't become,. friends who no longer work together, fully intending to remain close, but slip apart, because there's not much to talk about.

Happily, .I don't foresee this as being our case.. By creating and using this thread,. as my West Coast perspective for Tiger fans, my hope is, we will still have a lot to talk about.

Go Ducks

LSUTiga, kcal, Brian and 1 other person like this.
  2. ASD

ASD ASD

Right on GDF. Ur a cool motherphucker.

3. GiantDuckFan

I am curious about, how people from Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State feel about joining the PAC, feedback from members with insight, would be very interesting to me. I think PAC fans would warmly support this with enthusiasm.

If Oklahoma and State did join the PAC, it would be best to also add two more. Any ideas on which schools would be a good fit.

And lastly, What about Baylor,.. and nasty ol Texas ?

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Hey duck
    Yes you are a cool muddfricker!
    You can continue to post on the fsa. It's political talk. You can represent yourself without regard to football. I think you will enjoy it and could stay a part of the board. You don't have to post on just football. There are plenty of good recipies on the good eats board. You have earned the right to stick around in my book, if you choose to. Good luck to your ducks.

1 person likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No reason you can't be as active in the discussions as you want to be. We have several members from other teams that are very welcomed contributors to the discussions. I realize it may be time to move on to the next team, but don't feel like you wore out your welcome. You have been a very good visitor and I have enjoyed your posts. Hopefully you will stick around. It's good to get an outside perspective from time to time.:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Great post. Hope to see you around on this forum often.

1 person likes this.
  7. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Yes continue to stick around. We need a west coast corespondent so keep us posted. We wish your Ducks well from here on out. We love our Tigers with Great Passion, but at the end of the day win or lose, we want to show the Hospitality we are known for. And as said, you are a cool Mo-Fo.:thumb:

8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Duck .. as I see it .. we are all College Football Fans.

I'm a political junkie for 8 mo of the year, but from Sept till the end of the bowl games, I'm all College Football. ... emphasis on college, as I don't care for pro-football. I watch ALL the games I can. I watch ALL SEC games, Oregon, I watch ND, USC [always rooting against them], the Texas teams, Wisconsin [luv 'em] ... just whatever. Even watched Okla ST last night against AZ. [Yes .. I pinged over occassionally to see what the Saints were doing at the behest of my Wife ... but I mostly watched the College Game].

It's always good when football fans get together and talk football. I'm mostly a "reader" and don't post much ... but, I've enjoyed yours and everyone's post.

And .. hey .. you know who Charlie Waters is .... that in itself makes you cool in my book.

1 person likes this.
  9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Duck

You are a great poster and one that loves college football. In my up coming retirement travels I will make sure I come up to Duck land for a FREE beer !

You have a great team and you just happened to catch the Tigers with a very good D this year. Beat USC 86 to 3 !!!!

TigerCliff

10. GiantDuckFan

TigerCliff, come to Eugene, show yourself. Stand up like you do, then boast and cheer, trumpet, 'My team's the greatest, but you're great too.'

Show everbody there how to, "enjoy the good with the bad". Laugh, have fun, drink and enjoy, your many free beers.

and that goes for the rest of you phuckers too.