Enough QB speculation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by burlesontiger, Nov 11, 2009.

1. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I'm curious about the RB situation. Do you think Ridley will start, Williams, Shepard or Holiday? Will it be a heavy mix of all four, or will one of them see the bulk of carries?

Personally I'd like to see Ridley step into Scott's role, with some heavy doses of Shepard. Maybe Williams and Holiday for a few "change of pace" moments. I like Ridley's potential and see him as the leading choice next year as the feature back (depending on how Murphy bounces back).

2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Michael Ford is going to be in that mix next year as well.

Though it's been a small sampling, I, like you, like what I've seen from Ridley. He's averaging over 8 yds/carry on ten touches. From reading Miles' comments, I do believe he'll start vs. the Techsters.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Miles said in the press conference that he was pleased with Williams participation, and he felt that they had him out of the backfield down the sideline for 6 against bama but Jefferson didn't see him. I have a feeling you will see Williams as your #1, with a lot of Ridley, and you also have Shepard and Holliday. My whole concern was next season having Ridley with limited touches, Ford with no touches, and Murphy coming off of his 2nd major knee surgery. With Scott's injury i feel that Ridley will be ready for next season, hate to have it come at that price though.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

He deserves to start against Tech, what has K. Williams done, because he's a senior? Nah, I dont think so. Thats one guy I am disappointed in.

5. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Miles kinda gets on my nerves with the senior loyalty thing. I would like to see the hot hand out there regardless of his class. I understand the inexperience thing but some positions are just line up and play stuff.:dis:

6. LaSalleAve

I guess i agree with you, but how much of it is Williams and how much of it is the staff not putting keiland in a position to be a success?

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

What does he need, you turn around and give him the ball and let him create his own success. He doesn't read the holes and blocks well, he runs away from the lead blocker. He is great in space I will give you that, but that bread doesn't get buttered for long against a good defense.

8. LaSalleAve

You know that, i know that, everyone knows that, how does the staff not know that?

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That is why I expect the coaches to give most of the carries to Ridley this weekend.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

The biggest disappointment, for me, has been Keiland's failure to rise to the occasion. He has spurts of brillance, but then shows that he is nothing special to be an every down player. I was hoping for him to be the lightning to CS's thunder.