Eric Edwards

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bolobolo, Jan 20, 2004.

1. bolobolo

bolobolo Founding Member

What's the deal with Eric Edwards? He was highly touted coming out of high school. He has shown he can catch. He's a big guy. I know there are some really good tight ends who rate higher than him by NFL scouts. Will this guy play in the NFL. I did not see him on any bowl rosters for seniors.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yeah well he can't catch worth a darn on my NCAA 2003 game ! I've quit throwing to him. Honestly, I agree with you. I believe he will go the free agency route and will get a chance to compete.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Poor routes and lack of concentration.

4. RiverRidgeTiger

RiverRidgeTiger Founding Member

he's horrible in ncaa2003...better on the field

5. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

Hes horrible in ncaa2004....I cant wait for 2005 when they will have David Jones.

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Most NFL scouts that I've read indicate that they feel Edwards is too slow and not enough of a pass catching threat to play tight end in the NFL.

I've heard speculation he might be a "conversion project" at defensive end, but I don't know about that either.

That's too bad, because if I want a good tight end and a good guy, I'd go with Edwards over Kellen "I'm a F***IN' SOLJA" Winslow any day of the week.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

In High School you would have thought Edwards would have gone down to Baton Rouge and been the best TE in the country he looked that good. I think what happend to him was he was not a very good run blocker and put on a lot of weight on and I think he became unathletic. I just think he got to big to fast and lost a lot of flexablity.

Thats what I think happend

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

In 2004 I recruited an awesome tightend, SOFT hands. Maybe I should rename him David Jones. I thought about renaming some of my WR recruits after Early Doucet and Xavier Carter.