ESPN article on Marcus, it sucks.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gandalf, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

I'm tired of this krap. They make it sound like EVERYONE wants Marcus out. I don't screw them. You know what the tone of the article is gonna be when they lead into it on the front page with yadda, yadda "Gerogia's perfect defensive end David Pollack" yadda, yadda.......

ESPn needs some new writers IMO. Here it is anyway.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview04/news/story?id=1866353

2. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

disagree

I think it's a very good article.

There are many fans out there that want to see the "Parade All-American". That's human nature. It's an article about the trials and tribulations that Marcus has gone through to get here. It's a good article in my opinion, with some good quotes. :lsup:

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I have no idea why you think that is a bad article other than saying that Randall is an unpopular choice. He is by the nitwits but not by most fans. The article is just stating the facts and talks about how he has learned, how the players respect him, etc. Not bad IMO. :confused:

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The truth hurts.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I enjoyed that article a lot. Very positive if you ask me.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Just look at the number of posters on this site questioning Randall and wanting Russell to play.

It's a valid point...

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Here is the e-mail that I sent to the writer:

Wayne:

I read your article about LSU quarterback Marcus Randall. While I admit that many LSU fans would like for Jamarcus Russel to step up and start, the majority of LSU fans will support whoever Nick Saban decides should be the starter, including Marcus Randall. I don't care who we start as long as we win. The only error in your story is that Jamarcus Russel is a redshirt freshman and not a sophmore. All Tiger fans are happy about that !

By the way, his e-mail address is [email protected]

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I think the article is very well written. I also have faith in whatever Saban and the boys decide to do, rather then get pissed off because they're not doing them the way I or other fans want them done. The coaching staff/players know the team better than any of us fans could ever hope to, so I think their opinion of who to play as the starting QB carries WAY more weight than ours does.

I hate to see that some fans won't even give him a chance, or balk at the thought of Randall being the starting QB.... It makes perfect sense to me that he's going to be the starter..... Maybe I'm just crazy.

Geaux Tigers!! and Geaux Marcus Randall!!

9. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

My contention is that the article is insinuating that we the fans are calling for Russell. I see some on here saying that and on the other boards, but for the most part, people are supportive of Marcus. Just because we are excited about Russell's ability, doesn't mean we want Marcus to sit immediately. If I was from another town and not immediately aware of the atmosphere, I would get the impression that we are all questioning Nick's decision to keep Marcus as the starter. That's not the case. If the guy would present it in such a way that there are a lot of people who are blown away by Russell's ability and HOPE that he learns quickly so that he gets in there, I'll buy that, but I don't see that much ripping of Marcus.
    Am I over reacting?

Here's a direct quote from the article "but if LSU fans had their way, he'd still be on the bench.."

Do you guys believe that?

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It seems those who complain sometimes have the loudest voices and those are the ones who are heard. :(