ESPN's take on LSU's qb situation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GMoney2600, Mar 9, 2004.

1. GMoney2600

GMoney2600 Founding Member

Eyes turn back to LSU, which must replace a gamebreaking wideout of its own in Michael Clayton. The bigger issue is replacing Tigers quarterback Matt Mauck, who has gone supposedly to the NFL and probably to dental school. The hope is that redshirt freshman JaMarcus Russell has learned enough to begin to reap his enormous potential. The reality is that senior Marcus Randall will provide a steady hand until Russell is ready.

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

thats pretty accurate....

you have a link??

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I am a big Russell fan but I don't understand how everyone seems to totally forget about Matt Flynn. He was a highly rated QB coming out of high school and was a very very pleasant suprise in his recruiting video. Although on paper Russell looks like Superman I think Flynn has a legitimate shot and is a legitimate contender. :geaux: :lsug:

P.S. Is there any way the Geaux Tigers smilie could be put back on the front page. A lot of posters like to put the Geaux Tigers and LSU smilies together and I see there are two grins on the front page. I know the changes have everyone busy but If possible it would be appreciated. :geaux: :lsup:

4. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

It is from Ivan Maisel's latest column.

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Founding Member

Consider the source. Maisel is providing ESPN's typical, half-ass and cursory analysis of the situation, so Russell is what jumps out at him as the jewel of last year's class.

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

No offense to Randall or any Randall fans out there, but at no time during his starting days did I feel he led with a steady hand for an entire game.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

What about South Carolina and Arkansas (the loss was NOT his fault).

8. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Against South Carolina we trailed 14-6 at halftime and many of the points in the 2nd half were because of the defense. The Arkansas game, ok in a way, but that offense was so vanilla that I could have ran it. We were clearly playing not to lose that day.

9. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

One good thing about this QB situation is that it is one day closer to being answered. This discussion will continually be coming up, even after after Saban makes his decision.

10. LSUBlitz245

LSUBlitz245 Founding Member

uh...I don't think it'll be too hard to replace Michael Clayton, I mean he was an AWESOME player and led us to victories left and right, but we have new players coming in too. We have Early from St. Martinville and Xavier from Palm Bay, FL. Not only those two but we still have Skyler Green. It shouldn't be too hard to replace Clayton, although I will miss the guy. :cry: :geaux: